I've been playing about a year now and I've just started getting really stiff fingers that hurt everyday when i start playing. am i playing too much? should i rest a bit?
yeah take a rest
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
A couple days will probably cut it, but if you're still feeling discomfort you may want to wait a bit longer.

While you're taking a break, check be sure that you're using proper techniques and not inadvertently harming yourself.

If the pain continues or worsens over the next week it'd probably be in your best interest to contact a doctor.

Oh, and let us know how things work out for you mate.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Warm up your hands a bit before you play: clap your hands, spin your arms in a circle; get the blood pumping. Then, slowly do some finger and wrist stretches. Finally, don't jump right into what you are playing, ease into it.

I was taught to do this years ago when I first started playing violin.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
definitely rigor mortis

rip mate, rip
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
maybe if you stopped fingering my mom hahahahahah

wait...

Dont make jokes about my woman
Cold weather can do that, too. Do warm up exercises slowly building in speed. Massage the muscles, too. Playing banjo outside in the middle of winter is absolute hell.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
Playing banjo outside in the middle of winter is absolute hell.

Why?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
Why?
fast right hand rolls that require precise timing and smooth playing. Having stiff fingers makes the rolls sound 'jagged' and jumpy unless you warm up extensively, as well as the cold weather pulling the already quite fruity tuning even further out of tune. And it's something I've experienced, and is considerably more frustrating to me than playing guitar in the cold bar more technical stuff.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
No why were you playing a banjo outdoors in the middle of winter?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Most_Triumphant
Warm up your hands a bit before you play: clap your hands, spin your arms in a circle; get the blood pumping. Then, slowly do some finger and wrist stretches. Finally, don't jump right into what you are playing, ease into it.

I was taught to do this years ago when I first started playing violin.

oh, so thats what your avatar is all about
Quote by Pastafarian96
No why were you playing a banjo outdoors in the middle of winter?
gigs are usually the problem. Not snowy winter, just cold, but it's just as bad indoors.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I hesitate playing ukulele in the cold, a banjo would destroy my hands so well done to you.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

stiffening of the body due to tensing muscles after death.

caused several deaths during the first world war when rifles fired in the hands of their owners who's hands were slowly closing enough and the discharged rounds actually hit someone.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by JamSessionFreak at #33490484
maybe if you stopped fingering my mom hahahahahah

wait...

Quote by neidnarb11890 at #33490956
you gotta suss suss suss suss suss out suss suspect device

get an alternative ulster
Quote by Victory2134
A couple days will probably cut it, but if you're still feeling discomfort you may want to wait a bit longer.

While you're taking a break, check be sure that you're using proper techniques and not inadvertently harming yourself.

If the pain continues or worsens over the next week it'd probably be in your best interest to contact a doctor.

Oh, and let us know how things work out for you mate.

so ive rested them like 4 days and theyre already much better