I've had the idea of trying to build an amp by myself. Might sound silly, but I'd like to try. I'm not trying to become the next Fischer or Dumble, just building for myself for my own enjoyment.

I know how to read a schematic, at least the basics. And I have basic experience in electrical work. I also have a friend who has built pedals and done other work who surely can help. However, I completely understand that this might be out of my league.

The big question is money. How much would a completely DIY Princeton Reverb cost for example? Does anyone have any experience? I doesn't need to have the best components around, good and basic components would do just fine.

I'm also frustrated by the schematics.There seems to be a lot of different schematics for the same amps, with varying degrees of complexity. Does someone know a reliable site for schematics? Or could maybe even link a good schematic for a Princeton, an AC15, a Marshall 18 watter, or some other classic small amp?

Any help is much appreciated.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Thanks, seems like a good resource.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
500-600 bucks
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror
500-600 bucks

Thanks, this really is the deal maker here. Might be out of budget at the moment, but not too bad.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail