Hey guys first timer here,

I've been playing guitar quite a few years but now my situation is that my 30w amp is quite big for my apartment and have been thinking about buying usb-interface.

My friend recommended me the Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 but I think I'd be fine with the solo version. But here is the big question and it is about my current setup and is it viable to work.

Here is a picture of my current setup and how it would upgrade:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kl2qos8oga1acli/setup.png?dl=0

So would this work correctly? Or do I have to get rid off the AV amplifier? Now I have plugged in to the AV my headphones and my speakers so I can switch easily between them (only by pressing one button).
The AV amplifier wouldn't be needed, you could plug your guitar straight into the interface and use amp sims.

Go read the stickies in the Recording forum.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
The AV amplifier wouldn't be needed, you could plug your guitar straight into the interface and use amp sims.

Go read the stickies in the Recording forum.

Mmmh.. okay, but how am I going to plug my speakers to the device? Or should I just use other input source to the amplifier? I just thought that the USB plugin would be much better since it doesnt take the up the static noises and I could still easily switch between headphones and speakers.
Last edited by lasu997 at Jul 9, 2015,
Apologies, I may have misinterpreted the pic linked in your OP (at work & can't access dropbox due to firewalls etc to have another look). I read it that you were plugging your guitar into it, then going from the AV amp to the PC but having re-read the post, I think that part of my response was misleading.

With an interface, the guitar would be plugged into the Interface. The Interface would be plugged into the PC. To use your AV amp purely for a way of monitoring the sound, the monitor output from the interface would go to the amp. For headphones only it wouldn't be needed, but if you wanted to use some home stereo speakers for monitoring purposes the amp would still be needed.

You still need to read the stickies in the Recording forum for advice on interface & amp sims though.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Apologies, I may have misinterpreted the pic linked in your OP (at work & can't access dropbox due to firewalls etc to have another look). I read it that you were plugging your guitar into it, then going from the AV amp to the PC but having re-read the post, I think that part of my response was misleading.

With an interface, the guitar would be plugged into the Interface. The Interface would be plugged into the PC. To use your AV amp purely for a way of monitoring the sound, the monitor output from the interface would go to the amp. For headphones only it wouldn't be needed, but if you wanted to use some home stereo speakers for monitoring purposes the amp would still be needed.

You still need to read the stickies in the Recording forum for advice on interface & amp sims though.

Yeah I will as soon as I have few hours to spend there :P But hey thanks! This helped me quite a lot.
Home now & just re-looked at the pic. The direction of the arrows is a bit misleading, the arrows should be pointing to the amp, not from it. That will be the end of the chain, the way you drew it it looks like you've got it up front.

Glad I helped though, once you've read the stickies & picked an interface/software etc, post over in the recordings thread if you struggle setting it up - there are a load of guys over there way more knowledgeable than me.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud