Hi people.

Just wondered if anyone has tried one of these fastloader Floyds and if so,what do you make of it?

Thanks.
The actual Floyd ones - which I don't believe are produced anymore - were quite effective as far as I know, because they were designed in such a way with the special strings as to prevent unwanted movement of the ball-end. GFS and other equivalents, lacking such provision, I doubt have the same reliability.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jul 9, 2015,
They're a dumb idea.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Do they even make the strings for those things anymore? I'll stick to the OFR.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
They're a dumb idea.

+1 i never understood the idea.

"sure you can change your strings five minutes faster but what gives"

"that would be great for a gig!"

"uhhhh that is what backups are for"

"oh yea its just so damn convenient, such a great idea!"

"yea its great, but but what happens when you cant find the special strings where you are at"

"ohhhh shit why didn't i think of that".

bad idea is bad and to mr. rose on that one.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I don't think I know what you're talking about. Based on the replies here, I'm guessing it is/was some kind of Floyd style trem that you could use without cutting of the ball ends of the strings?

Assuming that's the case, yeah, pointless. Cutting the ball ends off is not that big of a hassle. It boggles my mind that some people are actually so damn lazy and/or stupid that they think that's so difficult/time consuming to do.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
It had balls on both ends of the strings, and it would lock down. There were no tuners on the headstock, just fine tuneers on the bridge.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by ltdguy27
Do they even make the strings for those things anymore? I'll stick to the OFR.

They reintroduced the strings, but not the trem. I think that probably says all that need be said about demand...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I thought the whole point of a Floyd Rose was to actually take the ball ends out of the equation altogether. That's part of the reason why they stay in tune.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I thought the whole point of a Floyd Rose was to actually take the ball ends out of the equation altogether. That's part of the reason why they stay in tune.

Pretty much. No ball ends meant less slippage. I mean, if crazy whammy bar action is your thing, why would you choose a product that results in your guitar being out of tune more easily?
Have some peoples responses been directed towards the Floyd Rose Speedloader?

I was hoping to hear from anyone that had used a "Floyd Rose type Fastloader" and if they had used one,what their impression of it was.

Thanks.
Last edited by guitar-name at Jul 9, 2015,
Quote by guitar-name
Have some peoples responses been directed towards the Floyd Rose Speedloader?

I was hoping to hear from anyone that had used a "Floyd Rose type Fastloader" and if they had used one,what their impression of it was.

Thanks.

You're talking about the Guitar Fetish one, right? Same thing but the disadvantages of keeping the ball ends aren't minimised so well as on the Floyd, I wouldn't waste my paper on it.

Yes, it will probably work better than a Strat trem (assuming it's one of GFS' "hits", rather than their similar quantity of "misses"). No, it won't work as well as a clamping Floyd.

"Work", in this case, if it wasn't obvious, means "stay in tune".

By way of explanation:

A traditional Floyd's double locking system works because at one end it eliminates any slippage or catching past the nut and at the other end eliminates movement of the ball-end that would cause tuning issues on just about any older design. It does this because the string is "locked" at either end of the scale length.

Clearly some people find that an inconvenience, so the Speedloader has a setup of special strings with a ball-end that's easily put in place at each end and fits pretty much perfectly snugly into its holder at each end of the scale length, at least in theory. Thus it's optimised because all "play" - that is, unwanted movement of the string end is, as much as possible, removed. The GFS model is designed to take standard strings, thus its design is not perfectly optimised for string ball-ends, because they don't have their own standard size to work to. Therefore, there's still the potential for "play" with the GFS model. Not a whole lot, but enough that it won't be as reliable as the old fashioned Floyd design.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jul 9, 2015,
That's exactly where I've seen it advertised.
Last edited by guitar-name at Jul 9, 2015,
Quote by K33nbl4d3
The actual Floyd ones - which I don't believe are produced anymore - were quite effective as far as I know, because they were designed in such a way with the special strings as to prevent unwanted movement of the ball-end. GFS and other equivalents, lacking such provision, I doubt have the same reliability.

Pretty much this in a nutshell.

The FR Speedloaders weren't bad at all.

The single locking ones from Guitarfetish et al are garbage. A few years back someone built one and the knife edges quite literally crumpled under the string tension.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Jul 9, 2015,