So I got a box today....

From Florida....

And inside was another box with some peculiar tape....

And inside that was a sweet case!

And inside that.... oh boy.....

This is my new baby. Brand spanking new Electra Omega Prime with a ceruse Swamp Ash top. As a huge fan of The Sword and Red Fang I had to have one after seeing them in the hands of Kyle Shutt and David Sullivan. This thing is more of a monster than I could have ever anticipated.

I really dig everything about this guitar. A lot of attention to detail that you just don't get from Gibson LPs at this price point. 7 ply binding, a stellar top, super deep neck joint cutaway.

Seeing as how the closest thing I have really spent time playing to this is my RD, and they were fairly close price points new, that will be my main point of comparison. This guitar clocks in at about 8 pounds, not bad for a near all mahogany LP style guitar (I honestly would prefer it be a little heavier). The finish is damn flawless. The binding is perfect and there is no glue bleed anywhere. The neck is pretty fat but not as baseball bat like as I expected. In the realm of PRS or thinner Gibson necks. The neck joint cutaway in nice but it does little for me considering I don't play leads much Tonepros hardware all around, the Kluson style tuners are new for me but extremely smooth. The bridge is very comfy against the hand.

I put the guitar through it's paces, played about a dozen tunes on it and noodled around a bit. The Magnaflux pickups are very nice. The bridge pup is pretty similarly voiced to a JB but with less harsh highs. The neck pup is very unoffensive. I'd say like a Lace Dissonant Aggressor neck but not as hot. Very PAF-like. The knob pattern is a little strange getting used to but I dig it, and the tone control is very useable and doesn't get too woolly turning it all the way down.

Overall I'd say it's a spectacular piece of gear for the money. Anyone looking at more traditional LP style guitars should definitely consider.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Very nice! Most of the Omega Primes that you see are the maple on maple. That one is much nicer. And a hardshell case and an ebony fretboard, too! HNGD! Enjoy the hell out of it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Sweet guitar! HNGD!
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Tama Drums/ Sabian
Way to go, Omega-bro!

I love my maple-topped O-Prime, but it took me literally 2 months to decide between that and the ceruse one you picked out. That is f-ing sexy!

HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 8, 2015,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Way to go, Omega-bro!

I love my maple-topped O-Prime, but it took me literally 2 months to decide between that and the ceruse one you picked out. That is f-ing sexy!

HNGD!

w00t

I would have gone with the maple one if it had black plastics. The tortoise shell is a little too retro for me haha.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
When I ordered mine, they really paid attention to detail. I asked them set it up to play in NST (CGDAEG), which essentially required a custom set of strings. It arrived, perfectly set up, tuned a half-step down, with the appropriate sized strings.

Yours?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
When I ordered mine, they really paid attention to detail. I asked them set it up to play in NST (CGDAEG), which essentially required a custom set of strings. It arrived, perfectly set up, tuned a half-step down, with the appropriate sized strings.

Yours?

I asked for a plain set of 10s in drop D, knowing they did that for you, but it came in standard. No biggie really.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I gotta say, I love my O-Prime about as much as any of my Revs. So well made. So good, the way they feel. I just wish they made more guitars whose aesthetics I liked.

Might have to get a ceruse O-Prime, though.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I gotta say, I love my O-Prime about as much as any of my Revs. So well made. So good, the way they feel. I just wish they made more guitars whose aesthetics I liked.

Might have to get a ceruse O-Prime, though.

That's funny because the guitar that was competing against this one for my money was a Rev Sensei in Silverburst. In the end I wanted the fatter neck and mahogany construction but that'll probably be my next guitar if I ever have cash kicking around in the near future.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
When I saw the thread title I thought it was dannyalcatraz
Lovely finish, quite peculiar but classy!

that guitar is like falling in love with a stripper
Silmeria
Valkyrie
modded Squier Strats
Quote by TheStig1214
w00t

I would have gone with the maple one if it had black plastics. The tortoise shell is a little too retro for me haha.

Maple is pedestrian. Ebony fretboards are the ultimate! That guitar is the YES!!!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
wtf i want
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Nice guitar, man!
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold hardware)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
Cool top. HNGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Nice finish on that and I like their logo. HNGD!
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
excellent
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't know if I should take that as vindication of maple or disappointment that he's moving on.

Still luv ya, KS!

I wish to see a pic of the heel.=D That top is incredible! Great choice. HNGD!
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Last edited by GraceByDeath at Jul 9, 2015,
Here's the heel on mine:

Ohhh. That's the stuff.=D
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
crosses out address line but leaves phone # sorry couldn't resist

nice guitar very cool finish
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I don't know if I should take that as vindication of maple or disappointment that he's moving on.

Still luv ya, KS!

Yeah I think he's been sponsored by Moniker as of recent.

Quote by GraceByDeath
I wish to see a pic of the heel.=D That top is incredible! Great choice. HNGD!

Ask and Ye shall receive. (Damn gloss black is hard to photograph....)

Quote by monwobobbo
crosses out address line but leaves phone # sorry couldn't resist

nice guitar very cool finish

Not my phone number
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
And that neck feels as good as it looks...

That looks really nice! HNGD
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Thank you sir! Now that's a heel for a Les Paul shape. I'd play that.=D I'd need it to be Satin though...I'm a pansy.
Quote by Roc8995

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Quote by GraceByDeath
Thank you sir! Now that's a heel for a Les Paul shape. I'd play that.=D I'd need it to be Satin though...I'm a pansy.

Agreed on the neck heel. Ain't no way I'm paying almost $5k for an Axcess just for the neck heel.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
Yeah I think he's been sponsored by Moniker as of recent.

I cannot fault him for that.

I just checked in on KS's auction. He's going to turn a profit...

Nice finish.

I don't like the know placement.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Schecter C-1+ with SD '59/Custom 5
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
That Omega Prime... what a beauty! Hey, does anyone have any thoughts about how the 2016 Omega Prime might compare to the 2017 Gibson Tribute T? They're both around the same price point. The Electra is a hell of lot more guitar for the money, but the Gibson is... well... a Gibson. (I know, I know, stupid to take brand name into consideration, but...)
Might be a bit of a better idea to make your own thread instead of bumping a 2 year old one.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
muelco

I obviously think the Omega Prime is a worthy substitute. But the man is right: you need to start your own thread.