Hi all

I am trying to acquire a decent setup on a budget (playable straight to PA, or headphones) and was going to get a boss multi effects. But people don't seem to use them too often for drive sounds with pleasing results from what I hear. So I thought getting an external pedal in addition for distortion maybe the way to go.

Any thoughts?

My budget is about the price of a used gt8 in me country, or a gt6+ one joyo amp-sim stomp.

About Joyo pedals, which of their amp sim/distortions are best for rock-U2-church stuff, and blues, which is what I play?

Thanks heaps!
Quote by urheard2008
Hi all

I am trying to acquire a decent setup on a budget (playable straight to PA, or headphones) and was going to get a boss multi effects. But people don't seem to use them too often for drive sounds with pleasing results from what I hear. So I thought getting an external pedal in addition for distortion maybe the way to go.

Any thoughts?

My budget is about the price of a used gt8 in me country, or a gt6+ one joyo amp-sim stomp.

About Joyo pedals, which of their amp sim/distortions are best for rock-U2-church stuff, and blues, which is what I play?

Thanks heaps!

For joyo pedals, the Ultimate Drive is a must for rock, followed by the Vintage Overdrive for blues.
Quote by sfx
For joyo pedals, the Ultimate Drive is a must for rock, followed by the Vintage Overdrive for blues.

These pedals aren't playable straight to PA or headphones, they're designed for use with amps.

OP - Multi effects are subjective (as are all things), but having used Boss in the the past I'm not a fan of their drives either. However, if you are using effects straight into a PA, amp sims will be required to complete the sound.

I'd recommend a Zoom G3/5, or a Line 6 POD. They both have the full package, decent effects and good quality amp sims which sound great through PA/headphones. The Zoom has more features than the Line 6, and in my opinion has a far more usable interface, but they're fairly equal on sound quality.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I agree with Gary, you should get a line 6 pod hd.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by GaryBillington
These pedals aren't playable straight to PA or headphones, they're designed for use with amps.

OP - Multi effects are subjective (as are all things), but having used Boss in the the past I'm not a fan of their drives either. However, if you are using effects straight into a PA, amp sims will be required to complete the sound.

I'd recommend a Zoom G3/5, or a Line 6 POD. They both have the full package, decent effects and good quality amp sims which sound great through PA/headphones. The Zoom has more features than the Line 6, and in my opinion has a far more usable interface, but they're fairly equal on sound quality.

He said he's getting pedals in FRONT of the mfx to the PA, and plans to get JOYO pedals for that. So in that case, the pedals I mentioned should be fine as long as it's before the MFX, of course provided the boss MFX amp sim takes pedals well...