Hi guys i have an esp ltd ec 256. Just wanted to know what should be the action height in mm for shredding on this particular guitar. Currently as measured on the 12 fret it is 2mm on the thick e and 1.8mm on the thin e.
What ever is comfortable for you to play.

There is no correct measurement, it is all personal preference.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
What ever is comfortable for you to play.

There is no correct measurement, it is all personal preference.

Actually i am a beginner, and i am confused whether it is the instument or myself that is holding me back.
Quote by cyruseternity
Actually i am a beginner, and i am confused whether it is the instument or myself that is holding me back.

If you are a beginner, it is your skill/technique that is holding you back,

Do you find you guitar easy to play chords on? If so then just keep practicing. If you find the guitar hard to play, getting a set-up may help you a lot.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by cyruseternity

To be fair, it's probably you. Given that you don't use a piece of scrap wood as a guitar, it really is a matter of a lot of practise. Start slow and slowly progress. Lowering the action could cause fret buzz, which is a lot worse than high action IMO.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
The chords are really easy to play and also some slow paced solos are easier to play but when it comes to fast ones i really struggle.
Anyways thank you guys for your suggestions.
Quote by cyruseternity
The chords are really easy to play and also some slow paced solos are easier to play but when it comes to fast ones i really struggle.
Anyways thank you guys for your suggestions.

Yeah it is just your technique/skill level is not up to the levels you want them to be. Keep practicing and you will eventually get there if your patient, but be ready for years of practice to get to that level
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Get used to a little fret buzz now while you’re starting. This will keep you from turning into one of those guys who’s constantly fiddling with his setup to ensure that there’s no buzz.
This may not be an issue for you, but the ESP has extra jumbo frets and for some players it is not comfortable to play, especially beginners. Totally a preference thing and either way - as you develop your playing, it won't be an issue.
Quote by jpnyc
Get used to a little fret buzz now while you’re starting. This will keep you from turning into one of those guys who’s constantly fiddling with his setup to ensure that there’s no buzz.

Why?

A properly set-up/made guitar should not have fret buzz unless you want ridiculously low action
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Why?

A properly set-up/made guitar should not have fret buzz unless you want ridiculously low action

this
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.