Hi UG! So, I'm wondering how much of a difference in quality is there from the PRS SE 24 Standard vs. the PRS SE 24 Custom 30th Anniversary model. The difference in price is like from $499 vs $760, so the price difference is pretty severe. Also, is it worth saving up for the SE Custom or should I focus on the Standard?

Thanks for any help you can give!
Per the specs on the site: mahogany top, anniversary bird inlays, zebra pickup covers, different color pickup rings.

I thought you had up to $2000 to spend?
I'm willing to bet that the SE Custom has better quality electronics & better quality wood & better quality pickups AND...better quality in general! So, yes, I would save up $261 more.
Quote by dthmtl3
Per the specs on the site: mahogany top, anniversary bird inlays, zebra pickup covers, different color pickup rings.

I thought you had up to $2000 to spend?

Haha I've found this and I really like it so why not do that and get a nicer amp to run it through? Pretty good guitar+ better amplifier
Quote by Jamesplaysbass
Haha I've found this and I really like it so why not do that and get a nicer amp to run it through? Pretty good guitar+ better amplifier

If you can find one, I'd highly recommend a PRS CE-24. Its made in the USA, and can be found used for about $1000-$1100. That still gives you a lot of options for amps, depending on what you need.

I'd definitely look into them if I were you.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by AWACS
If you can find one, I'd highly recommend a PRS CE-24. Its made in the USA, and can be found used for about $1000-$1100. That still gives you a lot of options for amps, depending on what you need.

I'd definitely look into them if I were you.

This.

I would not spend a few hundred more just for cosmetic differences.
http://cleveland.craigslist.org/msg/5083319729.html

Might want to check this guy out if you're going the used route. Pretty great price and I'm pretty sure he'll ship for a little extra.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
SE custom > SE standard as far as build and materials. You can find SE customs cheaper if you are patient and not picky about finish.