F#11b9b5

It's an elaborate extension of the jazz 7b5 chord. The whole chord would be:

1.. - F#
b3 - A
b5 - C
b7 - E
b9 - G
11 - B

It's a very rarely used chord outside of jazz music. You know, jazz is like jello pudding.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
It's a very rarely used chord outside of jazz music. You know, jazz is like jello pudding.

Jiggly and available in a variety of colours?
Actually jazz is more like Kodak film.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I think you'll find it's a B#maj/min13dim4

Quote by theogonia777
Actually jazz is more like Kodak film.
Good quality but not a touch on Fuji?
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by theogonia777
You know, jazz is like jello pudding.

When naked it looks closely like my mom?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Actually, jazz is like the new Coke.
Quote by theogonia777
Actually, jazz is like the new Coke.

Technically superior, but noone likes it?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
It will be around forever.
Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33494078
So, jazz is also like herpes?

If you mention it, people will avoid having sex with you.
Free Ali
Gmaj7

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by chrismendiola
If you mention it, people will avoid having sex with you.

I never talk about jazz, and people avoid having sex with me.

Don't really want to talk about jazz, but it's beside the point.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Xiaoxi
Gmaj7

Do you think you're funny?
r u avin a giggle m8
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by theogonia777
F#11b9b5

It's an elaborate extension of the jazz 7b5 chord. The whole chord would be:

1.. - F#
b3 - A
b5 - C
b7 - E
b9 - G
11 - B

Ehh, I write with it all the time in my metal tracks.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Wait, no. After looking at it, definitely raise the C to a C#. It's an A13 chord.

1.. - A
3.. - C#
5.. - E
b7 - G
9.. - B
13 - F#

It's less of a jazz chord and more of a Western swing chord, though I would not play the 7th, 9th, and 13 together. I would either choose A6 (AC#EF#), A7 (AC#EG), or Aadd9 (ABC#E) rather than adding all the extensions.

That means though that your GBF#G voicing is the worst possible voicing since you have only the extensions of the chord (6/13, 7, 9) and absolutely none of the main triad (1, 3, 5). I would suggest trying to decide on 6, 7, or 9 and then finding an appropriate voicing.
Quote by ultimate-slash
Not as widely available as before and largely replaced by digital alternatives?

This one is correct
Quote by theogonia777
Wait, no. After looking at it, definitely raise the C to a C#. It's an A13 chord.

1.. - A
3.. - C#
5.. - E
b7 - G
9.. - B
13 - F#

It's less of a jazz chord and more of a Western swing chord, though I would not play the 7th, 9th, and 13 together. I would either choose A6 (AC#EF#), A7 (AC#EG), or Aadd9 (ABC#E) rather than adding all the extensions.

That means though that your GBF#G voicing is the worst possible voicing since you have only the extensions of the chord (6/13, 7, 9) and absolutely none of the main triad (1, 3, 5). I would suggest trying to decide on 6, 7, or 9 and then finding an appropriate voicing.

Quote by theogonia777

1.. - A
3.. - C#
5.. - E
b7 - G
9.. - B
13 - F#

Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan

Well I suppose it doesn't matter whether or not I think I'm funny. It's what other people think that matters. But I don't see what that has to do with anything.
Quote by theogonia777
Well I suppose it doesn't matter whether or not I think I'm funny. It's what other people think that matters. But I don't see what that has to do with anything.
i think that foxes are basically catdogs only smaller and usually orange, on rare occasions theyre shitposters called ian
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by theogonia777 at #33494187

1.. - A
3.. - C#
5.. - E
b7 - G
9.. - B
13 - F#

shut up dude it's just a Gmaj7 ffs chill out homie
Quote by Banjocal
i think that foxes are basically catdogs only smaller and usually orange, on rare occasions theyre shitposters called ian

Foxes are strange. We sometimes get them around here but not often. More coyotes around here. I live in a ravine and so sound echos. When there are packs of coyotes screaming in the middle of the night it is pretty unreal.