Hello again!

I've been looking for a guitar to play Steve Vai, Iron Maiden, Metallica and some alternative rock stuff. People here showed me a lot of options and I narrowed it now to (possibly) three.

- Schecter Custom Tempest:
http://www.amazon.com/Schecter-Tempest-Custom-Electric-Guitar/dp/B0033AHUYI
for 700 dollars, SD pickups.
Love the color and shape. Also like the SD pickups.

-Fernandes Raveller Steeler:
http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/ravelle/83-ravelle-steeler.html
for 600 dollars, SD pickups (same as above).
Don't love this color, but I love the body shape and the sale price. It was originally an 1500$+ guitar, which might mean a more "robust/consistent/durable" guitar. Better, I mean.

- ESP LTC ec401 fm
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-EC-401FM-Electric-Guitar-107619470-i2253356.gc
for 700 dollars, EMG pickups.
I like the 24 fret and the color. The shape is ok, but the color is nice. I don't know very much about it, but I think I rather SD over EMG.

Well... I can't decide!
What is your opinion? Which one (or other one, maybe LTC ec1000) would you recommend, considering my playstyle and my budget (around 700). Maybe an used option would open the possibility for a "better" guitar.
Not sure if my current gear is important, since I'll move and buy everything new.

Thanks!
Well, I love Fernandes- especially Ravelles- so you know how I'd vote!

But in all honesty, the un-discounted prices offered for comparison in the online Fernandes Shop are a tad inflated. Still, the deals there ARE good.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I really dig that Schecter wierdly. Id go for that or the LTD
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I would have to go with looks on this one and the only one that's barely alright is the LTD. But then it sounds like you actually prefer the other ones.
If you want something for all the stuff you mentioned (especially Vai) you're gonna need a locking trem, or at least a trem of some sort.

My first recommendation is a PRS SE Custom 24 (with or without a Floyd).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
As for the looks, guess Schecter and ravelle are tied of me (just because ravelle is black, otherwise it'd win).
I already have an ibanez with Floyd, I'm looking for something without one for now.

The PRS... Are those pickups any good?
They're not bad at all. They're not nearly as hot as EMGs (as such, they sound better ) but they're more or less equivalent to the Duncans in the Schecter.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
hmmm..

As for the sound, both schecter and ravelle may sound similar? Between them, the decision should be essentially for looks?
LTD ec 1000 is a good one? I heard peoplo dont usually like it... There are some pretty nice bundle deals on amazon for a ec 1000 with SD pickups.

The PRS SE Custom 24 can handle that sound I want? Is it a good guitar "even being" SE?
They're made in the same factory as the EC1000 and the Schecter.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
id just get a used ltd 400 series for half the price.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I like the schecter and the LTD. The PRS is just as good quality wise as the others. Just different neck shapes across all three.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I'm almost sure will get a LTD ec1000 deluxe with Seymour Duncan. I found some pretty good deals for almost half the price (around 550dollars).

The only thing holding me back is that I'm afraid that it's neck length and thickness makes it less a shred guitar (what I'm looking for), since it's not a super strat.
Also, why there are so many people selling this guitar on reverb/GC?
Can someone share the experience?
There are probably a it of them for sale used because they sell a lot of new ones.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!