Hey guys,

I've been playing in an math rocky emo band lately (think Six Gallery, Hit Home, Rooftops, etc). A lot of the parts I play involve a lot of tapping and sometimes I feel that all the notes I hit don't really stand out in the mix, so I wanted to get a compressor. My budget is around $200 but I'm willing to spend a little more if it is worth it. I was looking at the Diamond Compressor and the Keeley 4 Knob Compressor. Out of those two, which would you guys recommend? Any other suggestions for pedals?

Here is some of the stuff that we have been doing, I can take this down if it is against the rules or something
https://instagram.com/p/4iQ1DSHqlR/?taken-by=mikebjammin
The Keeley having 4 controls, rather than 3 compared to the Diamond, is more appealing since it allows more versatility.

Have you looked into the JHS Pulp N Peel compressor and the Wampler EGO compressor?
Last edited by Taz9 at Jul 10, 2015,
i really liked the ego when i demo'd it, the mix option is actually pretty cool.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If you are looking to smooth tapping parts, I would not recommend parallel compression. Parallel compression would not compress all the signal and the louder notes would go through. It would boost lower notes but they would still be weaker. If a serial compressor is used, the loud notes would be compressed to lower volume.
Quote by Gab_Azz
If you are looking to smooth tapping parts, I would not recommend parallel compression. Parallel compression would not compress all the signal and the louder notes would go through. It would boost lower notes but they would still be weaker. If a serial compressor is used, the loud notes would be compressed to lower volume.

Thank you! I did end up getting the Diamond Compressor. From doing my research it seems like everyone in this genre uses something different, so I think I could be fine with like any compressor pedal haha.
so I think I could be fine with like any compressor pedal haha

Yea, even if you'd compare all of these pedals we named, you'd probably have a hard time telling which is which. Anyway, Diamond products are fine ones congrats on your new purchase.
if simplicity is key for you then the fairfield accountant. its not lacking features, plenty of tweakability but most of the settings come from 2x 3 way dip swtiches working in tandem. so its either on or off. plus a knob. lots of permutations but you get what i mean.

there no knobbies to obsess over. its like. "okay THIS will you your setting. or this one..., no screwin around."

i always like the pigtronix comps. some of my fav.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)