2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A great product for people who wish they had as much of a sense of taste as they do money.
Quote by Robbgnarly at #33494335
Whoring out Les Paul's name is a bad move

Send that memo to Henry J. He needed it 10 years ago. But better late than never, right?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 10, 2015,
There was no reason to do this as Gibson already owns the KRK line. How much lower will the current Gibson owners stoop. The whole point of an endorsement is getting the artists approval of the product and having them agree to attach their name to that product. What a shame.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Quote by Rickholly74
There was no reason to do this as Gibson already owns the KRK line. How much lower will the current Gibson owners stoop. The whole point of an endorsement is getting the artists approval of the product and having them agree to attach their name to that product. What a shame.

Yep, Les had a fit when the SG was introduced as the new LP custom.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
That's true and Les later laughed and said it was huge mistake from a business standpoint when the SG became Gibson's biggest selling guitar for a few years in the 60's and Les didn't get anything because he asked they not use his name on them.

What's next? Remember "Elvis Wine" in the 80's, "The wine Elvis would have drunk if he drank wine". Maybe Les Paul Wine is next.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Quote by Rickholly74 at #33494397

What's next? Remember "Elvis Wine" in the 80's, "The wine Elvis would have drunk if he drank wine". Maybe Les Paul Wine is next.

Thanks, Henry J.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Les Paul did a great deal of work on recording studio stuff so perhaps this was something he had a hand in designing. it could be name whoring but LP does have an estate that overseas this kind of thing. wouldn't think they'd go for anything that was to far outside of what LP stood for or approved. (well unless he has the same lawyers as Dime )
About as stupid as charging 10k for a hunk of wood that isn't double the value of last year's model.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
take that back hatebreeder. the new gibsons have tuners that dont work, even larger unplayble baseball bat necks a head stock logo made by a drunk 5 year old.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by losing battle
take that back hatebreeder. the new gibsons have tuners that dont work, even larger unplayble baseball bat necks a head stock logo made by a drunk 5 year old.

I was actually talking about the TH line but the regular USA guitars are laughable too.

I play a 58 RI too so I'm into 'unplayable baseball bat necks'
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Henry J. is a total jackass.
I frequent one of the Less Paul forums and he is pretty much universally despised there.

This was his idea as well:

http://www.guitarplayer.com/gear/1012/-gibson-unveils-2-million-eden-of-coronet-diamond-guitar/51396
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jul 10, 2015,
I hear if you play that abomination you immediately get stage three cancer^
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by CodeMonk at #33494769

Henry Juszkiewicz, chairman and CEO of Gibson Brands, points to the Eden of Coronet as a symbol of Gibson’s outreach beyond traditional guitar building.

If by 'outreach' he means, 'jumping the ****ing shark', then sure.
“The masterpiece is a joint effort of three distinct brands,” he says. “The creativity comes from the process of blending ideas and cultures from different industries, which further solidifies Gibson beyond just a guitar brand. All along we’ve been striving to expand our business to different sectors of the consumer market and ‘Eden of Coronet’ is definitely an important milestone for what we target to achieve.”

I cannot help but ask the question everybody is asking.

How?

Diamonds and guitars have about as much in common as one another as Skittles and an AK47. No matter how hard you try to get that bizarre mashup to work, it is never going to work. Because the premise is plain ****ing stupid. Guitars and diamonds have absolutely nothing to do with each other, and a one-off piece of disgustingly vulgar trash is never going to magically establish a connection with people.

Why the hell does Henry J want to 'solidify' Gibson as a brand with a diamond company anyway? What the **** do they know about what Gibson does? What products and services are they going to provide for Gibson? Making diamond inlays on LP Custom headstocks out of actual diamonds? Who is going to be able to afford that? And how much more tasteless of a concept could you possibly make up?

Why does Gibson even need to be solidified as a brand? It is one of the most solidified brands of guitar in the entire industry and it has remained that way for decades. People already know all about what Gibson do. Its this sort of obnoxious shit and all the other terrible 'innovations' that are the cause of the shattered reputation as a guitar builder in the first place. Why don't they attempt to solidify themselves in a constructive way by improving the overall quality of their guitars without making their asking prices absolutely bonkers? How delusional could an old man like him possibly be?
Quote by TheSennaj
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 11, 2015,
You all forgot one very important thing.

Henry J is a bonafide sociopath/psychopath. Classic DSM-IV case.

So why should you be surprised?
The other thread with the same name has a bit more information and a bit less OT rambling and name-calling.
What you guys are missing is that Gibson is not a guitar company. Henry J. has been buying pro audio business for years and uses Gibson as a holding company for them. The pro audio business is the real driver of growth at Gibson, not guitars. If Henry J. can pivot the Gibson name from guitars to a audiophile gear he can dramatically increase the profitability of his pro audio business by selling similar products at a higher markup. Then he can wind Gibson’s high-labor-cost factory down into a small custom shop and focus on making money from mass-market Asian guitars similar to what Hisatake Shibuya does with Schecter and ESP.