Does anyone here have any experiences with the Cort EVL K4 or Z4? Seems like a cool guitar(my current main is a cort X2) and wouldn't mind getting another axe but what concerns me is the double locking 3 tremolo. I've never owned a guitar with anything other than floating bridges and am concerned with string changes and downtuning(standard to dropped mainly). I can get either one for under $50 with a hard case (second hand)
I do have Cort EVL-Z4 and it is a damn fine axe! Only downside (other than EMG HZ pickups being shite) that I can say about it is that its a bit neck heavy for a Les Paul style guitar (probably due to the heavily contoured body) but sitting down its really comfy. No problems with upper fret access either which tends to be a problem with ordinary Les Pauls.

However this guitar is strictly hard tail. Is the Z4 you are looking at the same as mine? Meaning this?
http://www.cortguitars.com/img/product_colors/EVL-Z4-BKS_hz.png

If it is and if you can get one for 50$ (I paid over 300€ for mine new) I say do it. Give it a professional set up and its good to go.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Cant really say since I have not heard Mighty mites. Or Powersounds that Cort website says. EMG HZ are not bad as far as stock pickups go and they get the job done. But passive EMG 81's they definetly are not. I changed the bridged pickup to Dimarzio X2N quite early which was a big improvement.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3