C'mon UG mods, start putting out ads for UG because The Pit is dying

Page 1 of 3
Do you fools even care about UG? The Pit has less than 100 viewers as of this post, with like 30 active members actually signed in able to post. You got your boy ****ed up. Back in my day, The Pit would have like 300-400 people up in this bitch postin, with like 200 active users signed in. The Pit is dead, and is getting more dead every week. At least put up some ads or some shit, damn.

Y'all be losin your userbase to them other sites like digg and voat and shit, like damn, up your game.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Last edited by Jostry at Jul 10, 2015,
But with soo many users, how would I ever stand out? D:

Technically, there's plenty of ads for UG, just not for The Pit since it doesn't really serve any purpose. Or at least profitable purpose. And I'm pretty sure you should be asking the admins, not the mods. They have more privileges and can destroy you.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
reddit is going to die and you just wait, this will be the place they all be comin 4 my milkshakes
Let's be honest, UG will likely always be popular for tabs. The musician forum side of things will get the occasional newbie signed up to ask a question maybe. The pit is where you come when you've got nothing better to do in your day so you think **** it what's this place about and then you make posting here a habit and feel semi attached to this place. Not much of a draw.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Yeah the pit isn't the first casualty of this sort of thing, in fact it's pretty amazing it's continued up to now and still has a decent pool of regulars
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
i legitimately can't believe that the pit still exists after all this time
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
I'll always be here.

plus this little group of us get along storybook, adult storybook.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by bradulator
we're adults how about we grow up and stop using internet forums

Then where the **** are the newcomers? What, you think you're the last generation on the planet? Since I've joined, 5 years have passed. That's millions of 10-15 year olds who are now five years older, and the perfect age to start joining. They don't come because the mods don't be putting out them ads.

Got your boy ****ed up.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Ads aren't gonna make anybody want to learn guitar anymore. Also this forum kinda sucks I mean look at it lolol
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Ads aren't gonna make anybody want to learn guitar anymore. Also this forum kinda sucks I mean look at it lolol

I mean, I'm here
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

The Pit is the Seinfeld of internet forums...

It's about nothing, but we all love it.

I'm really amazed it's lasted this long though
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by behind_you
what the heck would pit advertisements even say

Exactly, I can't really imagine trying to "sell" something like this.

The pit is pretty dead, yeah, but I find the users now are tighter knit and have more similar points of view (well maybe to me at least).

Gotta look on the bright side.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I think the last interesting thing that happened here was APileOfDeadCops/Edmodo. That was Feb/March so we're waiting for a new member to be like that
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
I think the last interesting thing that happened here was APileOfDeadCops/Edmodo. That was Feb/March so we're waiting for a new member to be like that

That was a pretty fun month or so,

And that guy whose username was HarryTruman or something like that and was a massive racist.

And GordonPowers and his never ending quest for a wife
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
I don't want anyone else in The Pit I like who we have now

Quote by Pastafarian96

We've got Blode who is entertaining in his own way

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I miss harrytruman's casual racism, October 2014 was a good month, it also spawned dancingsam.gif

Haven't seen Gordon Powers for a while, but I know he still logs on every now and then.

EDIT: ^ yeah but Blode is kinda liked by more than 3 people.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Jul 11, 2015,
Quote by i_lovemetallica
The Pit is the Seinfeld of internet forums...

It's about nothing, but we all love it.

I'm really amazed it's lasted this long though

Although I agree with most of what you said here, I gotta say that I am NOT surprised The Pit is still active. I have been lurking since I became a preteen, around '03, and I feel the same thing when I read through The Pit today.
Which is to say, mild sarcasm and the fear of really being accepted, coupled with empathy and tons of compassion.
I know from experience, that what we call The Pit can be a wonderful thing. Quite a few people here (more than I would like to admit) are responsible for me continuing to convert oxygen into carbon dioxide and to these people I say thank you.
More than a few here are even responsible for my little family sticking together (whether knowingly or unknowingly), even to this day, through thick and thin.

It might be a long way going to get the medicine for this website but I swear to all the gods, it would NEVER be the way wasted.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Remember hbk too? He was a character.

It's a shame we ban the racists because they spark all the interesting discussions. Who was the guy who always posted about Japanese war crimes in WW2 and used it to condemn the entire Japanese people as "worse than Nazis"?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51

It's a shame we ban the racists because they spark all the interesting discussions. Who was the guy who always posted about Japanese war crimes in WW2 and used it to condemn the entire Japanese people as "worse than Nazis"?

Was hbk recently unbanned or was I imagining things?

that guy was shit.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Nah I don't think so I think he was perma'd for being some kind of bot

Quote by EndTheRapture51

Not always the racists,

The #yesallwomen thread got really heated. It was interesting being a fly on the wall
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
we should make our own reddit subforum where i am the moderator and i ban everyone and unban everyone and repeat that forever
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Why is this the job of the mods? We're just volunteers who keep our individual forums clean lol
My God, it's full of stars!
I've said this once before, but if you change the site to ultimate EDM or ultimate midi controller you will see tons of new users pop up around here for us old farts to make fun of, until inevitably, the old guard is driven out by the next generation of bedroom musicians
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
There was an EDM forum?

Far out, how do I miss this shit?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by Dreadnought at #33495902
Why is this the job of the mods? We're just volunteers who keep our individual forums clean lol

'Cause you're all nerdy enough to care what happens to this place.
Free Ali
Quote by i_lovemetallica
There was an EDM forum?

Far out, how do I miss this shit?

there was a notice stickied in the pit for like 3 months.

How do you miss this shit?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Even the Drumming forum has outlasted the EDM forum, and that's saying a lot.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by genghisgandhi
I cum blood

Need a new amp?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

There's not that much to talk about with EDM, as it turns out...
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Page 1 of 3