I have been looking for tabs for this song for 25 years. Back in the 60s there was a group called Beau Dollar and the Coins. Beau was a good friend of Lonnie Mack and did lots of work with him. He did Soul Serenade in the late 60s that is sweet. Can be found on YouTube. If someone could PLEASE help me out and either tell me where I can find this tab, or tab it I will love you forever!
Last edited by srcox77 at Jul 11, 2015,
I think it is great. Right along with the great Lonnie Mac tunes around the same time! I sure hope someone takes the challenge.
Honestly after years of figuring it out it was my favorite song to play. Then in December I had a ruptured cerebral aneurysm and had brain surgery. One way I was affected was all of my guitar playing was lost. I hardly remember anything. Most of guitar playing as you know is muscle memory. Mine is gone. I am having to learn everything all over again. So I am looking for a little help with this song.
Sorry about your health problems... The good news is you can still enjoy music, hopefully your ears are working fine Mine were damaged by a Fender amp 3 years ago, now listening to music has become painful (hyperacusis). But I managed to write the first measures, I hope someone will continue the tab:

E|----------------0----|-2-----------|------------5-------|-----------10----|-9----------------------------------|
B|----------------2----|-3-----------|----------------7---|-7---------------|-----10---------------------10--7---|
G|-2-----4---2----2----|-2-----------|-2-----6------------|-----------------|---------9---9----------------------|
D|---------------------|-------------|--------------------|-----------------|------------------------------------|
A|---------------------|-------------|--------------------|-----------------|------------------------------------|
E|---------------------|-------------|--------------------|-----------------|------------------------------------|

E|----------------|-------------|------------------------|-------------|
B|-7------10------|--------7----|------------------------|-------------|
G|------------9---|-9-----------|----------------2---6---|-6-----------|
D|----------------|-------------|-7---------4------------|-------------|
A|----------------|-------------|------------------------|-------------|
E|----------------|-------------|------------------------|-------------|

Thanks so much Jimi. That is a good start!!!!!!! As far as my health problems go, I feel extremely lucky. The surgeon who sawed into my head told me 80 percent DONT SURVIVE what happened to me so in a way I AM very, very lucky.
I have been able to refigure everything in the song to the first lead after the chorus.

Yes sorry to hear about your health to, hope we can help get you playing this track again.
 This Is kinda similar to Jimi_bemols tab, just a few notes diffrent for maybe easier playing.
 sounds like 2 guitars, one doing deeper chords like this and another doing the normal A and D
                                                                       s
e|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|------5---|-8\10-9-------|
B|--------5--7-|--------5--7-|--------5--7-|--------5--7-|--------7-|--------10----|
G|--------6--7-|--------6--7-|--------6--7-|--------6--7-|--s--5----|-----------9--|
D|--------7--7-|--------7--7-|--------7--7-|--------7--7-|-5\6------|--------------|
A|--------7--5-|--------7--5-|--------7--5-|--------7--5-|----------|--------------|
E|-5-7-5-------|-5-7-5-------|-5-7-5-------|-5-7-5-------|----------|--------------|

e|------|------|-----|
B|-10-7-|-10---|-7---|
G|------|----9-|-----|
D|------|------|---7-|
A|------|------|-----|
E|------|------|-----|X2

SOLO
*****                                              b  rbp                b  rbp
e|-------|--------------------|----------s--5--5-7-7--7--5---5---|---5-7-7--7--5---5-|
B|-------|---------------s--5-|-5-5-5-5-5\7----------------7---7-|-7-------------7---|
G|--h--2-|--s--2--2-2-2-4\6---|----------------------------------|-------------------|
D|-2-4---|-2\4----------------|----------------------------------|-------------------|
A|-------|--------------------|----------------------------------|-------------------|
E|-------|--------------------|----------------------------------|-------------------|

?
e|---s---12-|--rbp---------|--brp---------|--brp---------------|-5--------------------------|
B|-10\14----|-12--10----10-|-12--10----10-|-12--10----10-------|-8-rbp-------------------s--|
G|----------|--------11----|--------11----|--------11----11-10-|---7--5---7-5------7-7--7\6-|
D|----------|--------------|--------------|--------------------|--------7-----7-7-----------|
A|----------|--------------|--------------|--------------------|----------------------------|
E|----------|--------------|--------------|--------------------|----------------------------|

01:07
e|-----------|-----------------|---------------|--s----|--------------------------|
B|-----------|--s--------------|---------------|-5\7-8-|-brp---------------h------|
G|-----------|-9\10-9-rbp------|-brp-----------|-5\7---|-7--5---7-5-----7-5-6-----|
D|-----7---7-|--------9--7---7-|-9--7---7------|-------|------7-----7-7-------7-7-|
A|-7-9---9---|-------------9---|------9----9-7-|-------|--------------------------|
E|-----------|-----------------|---------------|-------|--------------------------|

s
e|------5---|-8\10-9-------|------|------|-----|
B|--------7-|--------10----|-10-7-|-10---|-7---|
G|--s--5----|-----------9--|------|----9-|-----|
D|-5\6------|--------------|------|------|---7-|
A|----------|--------------|------|------|-----|
E|----------|--------------|------|------|-----|

See if this will help you, if you think the solo is good I can continue the solo for you, just let me know.
Last edited by ayreon77 at Jul 13, 2015,
Thanks sooooo much ayreon 77 and Jimi. You don't know how much this is appreciated. As soon as I get a chance I'll give it a try and let you know!!!!!!!
OK. Got a chance to pick on it a little and ITS DEAD ON. Thanks so much.
Can't wait to see more!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by srcox77 at Jul 13, 2015,
ok I hear you ha ha, give me a bit and i,ll see if i can finish it for you, not sure i,ll get it all some is hard to hear.

ok added the rest of the solo and the next bit after that, i,m sure you said you can get the rest sounds like it repeats the intro again at the end, good luck with it and it was a pleasure doing it
Great.....great....fantastic. As soon as I get a chance I will give it a shot . I don't know how to say thanks enough!!!!
The first part you did seemed dead on so I'm anxious as hell to try this!
yea no prob thx is enough, its a tough little solo so hopefully u should get it with some practice
Having a ball with this tab. Thanks for the hard work. It is a nice little lead from the Beau Dollar, Lonnie Mac era. Next, could ya tab Dreams lead for me by Molly Hatchet????????
Just kidding. Got that in Tabs HD and it's fun to figure it out by ear!!
Again, thanks for the hard work Ayreon77......you da man!
yea no worries, and yea if you need any tabs doing i,ll do them for you i would rather do solos than chords, more, so any time if I can do it i,ll give it ago.
I can't believe the job you have done!!!!! The more I work with this, the more I see this tab is dead on.
Again........thanks so much Ayreon 77!!!!!!!
To everyone else..... You should really listen to this song on YouTube . Perfect example of old style guitar lead.!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey thx and your welcome. i try and get every note and try tab it out note for note, I may not be 100% all the time but i give it 100%, really glad you like it. that's all i do tabs for for everyone to learn and enjoy playing them as I do tabbing them and learning them myself.