How long's it been since the last one? Like 2 months?
F**k.
Anyway, this is my attempt at making something really driving and heavy. You'll have to be the judge of how well it worked!
At the moment, it has it's fair share of rough parts and the drums are a bit weird, but you know, 2 AM.

LINK!

If it isn't already apparent, I've been listening to a lot of Devin Townsend's music lately - I must say, I'm quite Addicted to his stuff (sorry).

I won't bother listing the whole gear rundown thing again unless someone asks because it's 2:45 AM and my bed is looking more and more appealing as the minutes tick by.

Be as critical as you like - I prefer when someone's really picky and tells me if something's shltty rather than just saying "it's great" and fuelling an early ego problem

C4C!
Also, if you say what kind of feedback you'd like (musical, mixing, production, etc.) I can review your stuff without writing a 37 paragraph essay detailing every last beat and phase of the moon.

-CM
Last edited by CorrosionMedia at Jul 11, 2015,
Tasty riffs and great production- it sounds huuuuuge! Really nothing to say by way of criticism other than can't wait for the full thing. Will be interesting to see how you turn it into a full song. I have added you on sound cloud.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1680795
Quote by vocoderboy
very nice, very polished and smooth

Thanks very much! I definitely wouldn't say polished yet though - far to much string noise and bad chugs at the beginning

Quote by thedyslexialove

Man, I just uploaded a demo on SoundCloud too with the same name haha
By the way, really cool stuff.

Haha, great minds and all that!
Your track's very confused sounding and I like that! Definitely needs to be tracked for real

Quote by Richo1985

Tasty riffs and great production- it sounds huuuuuge! Really nothing to say by way of criticism other than can't wait for the full thing. Will be interesting to see how you turn it into a full song. I have added you on sound cloud.
C4C?

Thanks! I was aiming for the big dynamic range thing so left lots of low end in and kept the drums punchy. That's one of the things I like the most about Devy's stuff too.

I'll check your track out too

Thanks guys!
Again, if anyone else want's C4C on any productiony/mixing type stuff, leave it below and I'll try to get a comment in
Quote by aaron aardvark
CM,
Audio quality & guitar riffs & drums are quite good. Making the song longer & perhaps some good vocals would improve things.

I'm chronically bad at finishing my own stuff, so this may never get finished! I just seem to work better with a deadline.
The vocals will have to wait until later. I can't sing for shit so I'd have to find the perfect person to do them.
And I'd have to write lyrics, which is something I find harder than solving the world's economic crisis...

Thanks for the comment, I've given yours a brief review on your thread
Super tight heavy groove, very cleanly and clearly articulate, most excellent performance and musicianship. Great arrangement too, ideas smoothly segueing into each other logically and neatly.
Obviously, this needs development and focus, but there's great potential here. The engineering is very crisp, perhaps slightly bass light, but still very good.
Needs to be finished either as an instrumental or vocal. I hear a lot of similar music to this on these forums, with great playing and production, but many of them are lacking that "je ne sais quoi", that extra quality, that something else, that individuality, that makes the track stand out from the crowd and also makes it memorable. Otherwise it can just sound like background music.
If you're in the mood you can C4C here.
I liked this so much I tuned down to play along to it. This sounds a bit to short I wish it was fleshed out more. The riffs are sound are all really top notch, great sludgy riffs and I love the chorus so much, its actually ridiculously catchy and a great melodic line going over it! Jamming over it was really really fun as well, you are a very talented writer and musician!

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1680342