so, i have a squier stratocaster, i love it, love the tone etc etc, but there is one (or maybe two) things that i want to change on my squier heads

so i play in bands that play a LOT of muse's song, and i wanted to make that "above the nut" sounds like matt bellamy did. I've been searching on the web how to do that and I've saw someone post that if you want to get that "above the nut" sound you need a guitar without string tree

now i wanna ask

1. If i remove my string tree from my guitar head, what will be the effect of doing that?

2. If i change my machine heads into locking straggered (like the cort mbc-1 matt bellamy signature) , do i still needs the string tree?

maybe some of you will saying "then buy the cort one" but i don't wanna buy another guitar because this guitar still works and i don't have any money to buy one.

thanks

Rob

(i've posted this on new member sub-forum but i think there are no one answering me so....)
the string tress hold the strings in place over the nut. taking them off risks having them pop out of the nut which will suck when playing. if you have staggered pole tuners then you don't need the string trees and honestly they will cause tuning issues even more so.

now i don't know much about Muse but what is he doing behind the nut exactly? if it just pushing in strings or hitting them with a pick then removing the string trees really isn't necessary. you do risk having the string bind on them causing tuning issues.
1. You may find strings pulling out of the nut slot. Or you may not. Take em off and see. If you have problems just put em back.

2. No.
Charvel DX-1 FR / DS-1 ST / DC-1 FR / Custom Strat / La Patrie Hybrid CW / Vypyr 30 / VK100 / 1960A
In general, just not a good idea. But you can always try and find out
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by monwobobbo
the string tress hold the strings in place over the nut. taking them off risks having them pop out of the nut which will suck when playing. if you have staggered pole tuners then you don't need the string trees and honestly they will cause tuning issues even more so.

now i don't know much about Muse but what is he doing behind the nut exactly? if it just pushing in strings or hitting them with a pick then removing the string trees really isn't necessary. you do risk having the string bind on them causing tuning issues.

so if i change my tuners to staggered pole then i will be having issues with tuning?

at the 3:22 he strike the strings behind the nuts. so i want that sound...

Quote by Danustar
1. You may find strings pulling out of the nut slot. Or you may not. Take em off and see. If you have problems just put em back.

2. No.

looks like i'm gonna buy staggered pole tuners then...