I am looking to get a basic amplifier so I can, for example, bring my guitar and pedal out on the porch to practice where I may not have an outlet. I really do not need a speaker, just the amplifier. On eBay I have seen a NUX GP-1 a Concept3 and a Joyo I-plug. All of those are under $20 and I know they are super cheap, but I don't need much. I have a much better amp inside. Just want to go outside before the winter comes again!
Vox amPlug 2 (MIJ, btw) plugs directly into your guitar. They are a bit more expensive and you'll need several if you want a variety of sounds.
Last edited by dthmtl3 at Jul 12, 2015,
Zoom G1on.

Slightly more than the $20 you're talking about, but well worth the money.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Most headphone amps come from the same Chinese factory and just have different brand names added. You can find generic versions on Amazon that sound the same as the name brands, do more, and cost less.
If you're using headphones I'd suggest an amp modeling mfx, like the one Gary mentioned. You get a lot more options, foot controls and it doesn't sound like muffled farts through headphones.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Aside from amplug, line 6 pocket pod is the most popular choice with way more modeling choices.
Quote by jpnyc
Most headphone amps come from the same Chinese factory and just have different brand names added. You can find generic versions on Amazon that sound the same as the name brands, do more, and cost less.

Can you cite a source on that?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I use a Korg Pandora Mini for this.

New, they're about $99 (used much cheaper), but the list of what they have available on them for practice is nearly endless. You may end up plugging this thing into your amp as well <G>.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Can you cite a source on that?

Big Dave down the pub said it
I liked the Pandora Px4 a lot, but the build turned out to be flimsy, and it stopped working after a few months. I was strongly tempted to buy another, but decided against it in the end.

I have a Vox Amplug AC 30 that gets the job done, but IMO it isn't well suited to side-mounted socks. - Too accident-prone.
Quote by SpiderM
Big Dave down the pub said it

I see him post questionable information all too often. But .
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/