Looks like a rode K2.

For classical guitar in particular I'd go with something else.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I don't own anything but an SM57 right now, but I'm looking forward to buying a single (maybe two?) microphones for acoustic guitar recording. Mostly steel string and not classical nylon. I'm looking into maybe getting a small diaphragm condenser for that purpose but I'm not so sure how that'll work during the rare occasions where I'll be recording vocals.
I'm not so sure how that'll work during the rare occasions where I'll be recording vocals.

I'd rather get a single large-diaphragm mic then. Firstly because you better have a single good mic than two mediocre (unless you have a good budget) and second because that'll do vocals better and guitar just as good.

Give us your budget.
This guy got pretty good results with that mic.

It depends on your goals and your budget but any major large diaphragm condenser can reveal pretty stunning detail if you got the chops. I like Rode and Blue for under $500.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Taz9
I'd rather get a single large-diaphragm mic then. Firstly because you better have a single good mic than two mediocre (unless you have a good budget) and second because that'll do vocals better and guitar just as good.

Give us your budget.

I'm willing to spend up to $1000 but obviously, around 400-600 is preferred. The guy in the video is my personal favorite guitarist. He no longer owns that microphone in particular but he owns the following microphones and microphone preamps:

Because I'd be 100% happy with just mimicing his tone, I'd be more prone to purchasing something he has. I have no idea which microphone (and preamp?) he uses to record acoustic instruments, but a good guess would be the AKG C 451 B? I don't know anything about preamps and their reputations so I can't take an educated guess there.

Anyone?
Quote by pdxhwa
I'm willing to spend up to $1000 but obviously, around 400-600 is preferred. The guy in the video is my personal favorite guitarist. He no longer owns that microphone in particular but he owns the following microphones and microphone preamps:

Because I'd be 100% happy with just mimicing his tone, I'd be more prone to purchasing something he has. I have no idea which microphone (and preamp?) he uses to record acoustic instruments, but a good guess would be the AKG C 451 B? I don't know anything about preamps and their reputations so I can't take an educated guess there.

Anyone?

if you want his tone then you are also going to need a good room like he has too. that is the biggest problem i have with recording at home: no good room. i could have all the nice stuff in the world and i am constantly choosing gear that is not my 'best gear' because it works best for my situation/room.

in general it is going to be hard for you to 'mimic' his tone just by having the mic and preamp he has. you are going to need his room, his mic placements, his levels, his gain stages, his plug-ins or rack gear (notice the reverb?) and his know-how to to use all that stuff. the mics and preamps are trivial compared to the other stuff i just listed.

all those preamps are pretty nice, i am not too familiar with them all but they all seem to be in the $1000+ range.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
What gumbi said.

The closest you could get to that tone on the cheap wouldn't cost you less than $6-700 unless you already had a good audio interface.

You could get a joly mod'd apex 205 and an audient id22.
Leave the pre out, it's not worth it if you wanna spend so little money.
Then get a reverb like the lexicon pcm native reverb pack.
Then practice with mic placement.

I though would rather get an audio interface and start fiddling around with your 57 - you can get good sounding results with practice alone really, and if you don't have any experience you won't be able to get a good sound out of expensive equipment even.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.