Hi guys, i'm buying my first 12 strings guitar and I need some help. I have a budget of 500€. I found these guitars:
- Fender Villager
- Takamine GD30CE-12NAT
- LAG Tramontane 66 T66DCE12

So yeah, I need your help to choose which guitar i'll pick!

Thanks!
Welcome.

I've owned and played my fair share of inexpensive 12 strings. I think you need to try them to find one which feels comfortable to you, the necks are pretty clubby on some of them. I would also be budgeting for a decent set up, as playability is a major issue with a 12 string.

If I were in your position, I would save up and get one of these, or look for a used one:

http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Gitarren/12-Saiter/Taylor-150e-12-String-/art-GIT0031360-000

I've played one. They sound very good, and are reasonably easy to play, even with my small hands. A major plus for me is that they have a bolt-on neck that can easily be reset in the even of deteriorating geometry. - Something 12-strings can be prone to.
I've played the Takamine at a local store and it feels really comfortable to me.
Yes, a bolt on neck is a big plus with a 12. Tune 1 step low and use a capo. I like to use a single heavier gauge brass string for the top making it 11.
Get a used Seagull S12 Coastline. It will out preform guitars way out of its price range tone wise, and barely go out of tune for a 12. I'm serious, even with a shitty setup it would stay almost disturbingly in tune after a 30 minute walk strapped to my back.

The way its headstock works in conjunction with it's shorter scale length, you can get away with standard tuning with extra light strings. Though I have mine strapped with heavier strings tuned down to B Sus 2 and it still sounds great.
Last edited by KrogerChad at Jul 25, 2015,
if you like the takamine, i'd recommend you get that one. taks are pretty well made, and the guitar that plays best is the one that is very comfortable.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
if you like the takamine, i'd recommend you get that one. taks are pretty well made, and the guitar that plays best is the one that is very comfortable.
Midnight tonight will mark exactly 2 weeks since we've heard from the TS.

I realize that will happen 3 hours later for you than for me. Still, I wouldn't hold my breath. Jus' sayin'.