I recently ordered a replacement nut for my guitar that has a floyd rose special on it with a 43 mm nut. however I ordered a floyd rose original nut that was 43mm cause I though they were the same. but when it got here I noticed two things. one was that the nut was wider but it also feels a lot higher. is there a difference to the nuts or is it just me? this new one stays in tune really good though which was surprising. any help or clarity on the matter would be helpful.
Why are you replacing the nut?
If it's not broke, don't fix it. Nothing keeping you from using the old nut with a new Floyd.

Did you *measure* YOUR nut before you ordered?
Quote by dspellman at #33499204
Why are you replacing the nut?
If it's not broke, don't fix it. Nothing keeping you from using the old nut with a new Floyd.

Did you *measure* YOUR nut before you ordered?

This.

If the old nut was still working fine, there's absolutely no reason to replace it.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
it was stripped. sorry I forgot to mention that. that's why I was replacing it in the first place and I know it was 43mm because that's what it comes with.... but the problem Is this one is also 43mm but it's taller and I was just asking the general question which was whether a 43mm og floyd rose nut would be taller than the special 43mm floyd ruse nut
I put a Floyd original on My '95 Jackson King V and had the same issue, width was good but the nut was taller, I just left the Jackson nut on as it still worked fine. You may need to have it professionally installed sounds like you'll need a bit of wood removed.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge