Hi there guys!

Last night me and a friend of mine were talking about guitars, and we agreed that, by design, the most versatile guitars out there are the PRS P24 and the Music Man Majesty (Petrucci's signature guitar). That being said, we really could not say wheter one is better than the other, or if there are crucial differences between the two, since they are built to do literally anything. So, just for the pleasure of talking about our passion for the instrument, i ask you: which one do you prefer? Do you think one tops the other? Do you think one is more X genre oriented while the other is Y genre oriented?

Let me know!
Any guitar can be extremely versatile.

I personally prefer PRS over any of the JP guitars, but both are of extremely high quality
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I played a Majesty once at the guitar center in san francisco. Hands down the best feeling electric guitar I've ever touched. Not even a contest.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Both are very high end instruments, and although both are designed to be versatile, the Majesty is more than a jack of all trades. It's a master of everything for me personally. I like the P24s hardware aesthetically a lot more than the Majesty, but man the Majesty is just brilliant. Everything is where it should be and it's much easier to fall into form on. A friend of mine has one and i can't believe how slick and buttery it is to play. It's a precision tool in every way honestly.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
+1 for PRS.
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
Quote by Acϵ♠
Both are very high end instruments, and although both are designed to be versatile, the Majesty is more than a jack of all trades. It's a master of everything for me personally. I like the P24s hardware aesthetically a lot more than the Majesty, but man the Majesty is just brilliant. Everything is where it should be and it's much easier to fall into form on. A friend of mine has one and i can't believe how slick and buttery it is to play. It's a precision tool in every way honestly.

And the same could be said for PRS

In this situation, the only one that is really "better" is the one you gel with the best, because either is like most other brands CS models quality

That said unless you need the extra features of the P24, I'd save a few bucks and get a CU24
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jul 15, 2015,
Of course it could, lol. Me personally the P24 suffers from the same thing as most other PRS. To my ears, they sound good, but not great...there's just something in their signature tone that just doesn't quite sit right with me.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by ElzeardOfCanaan
Hi there guys!

Last night me and a friend of mine were talking about guitars, and we agreed that, by design, the most versatile guitars out there are the PRS P24 and the Music Man Majesty (Petrucci's signature guitar). That being said, we really could not say wheter one is better than the other, or if there are crucial differences between the two, since they are built to do literally anything. So, just for the pleasure of talking about our passion for the instrument, i ask you: which one do you prefer? Do you think one tops the other? Do you think one is more X genre oriented while the other is Y genre oriented?

Let me know!

The Pettrucci is a metal/prog guitar.

I avoid anything with a Piezo - they sound like ass - I owned a Godin Montreal and all I can say is that running "acoustic" sounds through these types of guitars is an ear piercing mess. That being said, the Pettrucci models are great guitars and Musicman makes the best necks imho ( I have a Silhouette Special and it's amazing).
^^ yeah you're not supposed to run the piezo into your guitar amp. I can pretty much guarantee you if you had properly set it up with a PA speaker/acoustic amplifier you wouldn't be saying that
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by Acϵ♠
^^ yeah you're not supposed to run the piezo into your guitar amp. I can pretty much guarantee you if you had properly set it up with a PA speaker/acoustic amplifier you wouldn't be saying that

I used it in every single configuration imaginable before selling the $1800 guitar ( believe me, I wanted it to work!) - still sounds terrible. Piezo pickups sound terrible even on actual acoustic guitars...so there's no hope on an electric.

It's a passable solution for a busy band with a lot of other elements where you just need an acoustic tone once and a while ( such as Dream theater), but I hate them.
Last edited by reverb66 at Jul 15, 2015,
i have no doubt the magesty is incredible and probably more full featured. it just looks a littel space age to me, like some crazy science project engineering feat. i wish they toned it dowen a bit.

untimately at that price range, let your hands decide for you.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
I tried both PRS and the EBMM JP6 (pre Majesty) and although I thought I would get the PRS before trying either seriously (I had played PRS's in the past), I couldn't put the JP6 down. The playability is the best that I have ever played (from any brand), the quality and sound is fantastic. I don't use the Piezo to try to replicate an acoustic sound, but do use it for different clean tones, which it does very well.

The JP6 has a thin but very comfortable neck, stays in tune extremely well, and is very easy to play (it is also light - if that matters to some).

Nothing against the PRS, if not for the EBMM, I prefer them over a LP or Strat.
Of the two guitars you mention, you must remember that one of them (the EBMM Majesty) is one person's idea of "the perfect guitar," whereas the other one is designed to appeal to a broad spectrum of guitar players. They are both first-rate instruments; among the best that their respective manufacturers make. So the question of "which one is better?" is entirely subjective. If you cannot decide; just flip a coin. Either way, you'll end up with a great electric guitar.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by ikey_
i have no doubt the magesty is incredible and probably more full featured. it just looks a littel space age to me, like some crazy science project engineering feat. i wish they toned it dowen a bit.

untimately at that price range, let your hands decide for you.

Haha ya that's my only gripe with the Majesty, it's pretty ugly lol
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.