Hi everyone,

Was hoping to get some advice. I'm in the market for a single cut guitar and was wondering if anyone has played both the above models? I've played the PRS, but not had chance to play the Epi Slash (yet).

I play mostly classic rock and blues rock, and my budget is at a max probably £800-£1000, however if I found a guitar below or above this budget I'd happily consider it.

Please let me know if you have any other guitar suggestions. I play lots of Aerosmith, Guns 'N Roses, Led Zep etc etc. if that helps.

Cheers!
Jamie
To my knowledge, the Rosso Corsa is essentially an Epiphone LP Tribute that has been 'Slash-ified'. It's constructed very similarly to a Tribute, but the pickups are Slash's own, the neck profile is modified, and the tuners are the Kluson type instead of the Grover type. I also think the jack and switch are the same as what comes on the regular LP models, but that can very easily be upgraded to Switchcraft parts.

Slash's Les Pauls are extremely popular. Just about every single Slash Les Paul ever made, Gibson or Epiphone, have sold out within a couple of weeks of them coming into stores. And they are nice guitars. If you want to buy one, you need to buy it very quickly. Anything with Slash's name on it sells like hotcakes.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 13, 2015,
It depends.I mean,the epiphone is just a slashified normal epiphone and its price has been risen because it is like a "Signature model".Also,PRS are very versatile guitars.Anyways,i would got the epiphone because of its Seymour Duncan pickups.
Yeah that's a fair point - I was always going to buy those pickups at some point anyway - just wondering if they'd sound better in the SE245 or the Epi? Because I would mind buying the PRS and the PUPs if it meant a better sound than the Epi...
The big difference between the two right off the bat when you hold both is that the Slash model has that super thick 50's Gibson style neck. Most Epi standards have the thinner neck shape and the PRS is nowhere near as big. Whether that's a big deal to you or not is your call but that neck shape was a deal breaker when I played one...otherwise I would've bought it when I came across it because it's a great looking and souding guitar.
I personally would go for the PRS. The quality on the SEs is much more consistent than on Epiphones.

The Rosso Corsa I played was pretty nice, though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
BTW, since you quoted your price range in £, I'm assuming you're in the UK?

Guitarguitar have at least one Rosso Corsa in stock(as of 2pm today, it's in their Edinburgh store, I was in buying picks), and if you live near one, they can arrange to have it sent down so you can try it.

The ESP Eclipse-type are around your quoted price point, although I'll concede they're maybe not exactly built with classic/blues rock in mind, it may be worth having a look, even if only to rule them out for certain.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by jamiepeel2
Thanks everyone - any other guitar suggestions apart from these two?

Just above that price point, there are LTD EC-1000s with options for Dimarzio, Seymour Duncan, or EMG pickups
Quote by JBailey23
The big difference between the two right off the bat when you hold both is that the Slash model has that super thick 50's Gibson style neck. Most Epi standards have the thinner neck shape and the PRS is nowhere near as big. Whether that's a big deal to you or not is your call but that neck shape was a deal breaker when I played one...otherwise I would've bought it when I came across it because it's a great looking and souding guitar.

Erm. I wouldn't consider those guitars to have a thick neck. Way closer to the thinner side and more of a D than a C shape....

If anything it's in between a "50s" and "60s" neck.

I can't speak for the PRS SE guitars but I can say that the Epi Slash guitars don't have a thick neck IMO.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It was one of the thicker les paul necks i've played for sure. I haven't played many Slash models with that signature neck shape so I'm not used to it but it's not like a run of the mill standard either.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
The ESP Eclipse-type are around your quoted price point, although I'll concede they're maybe not exactly built with classic/blues rock in mind, it may be worth having a look, even if only to rule them out for certain.

If the higher end ones are anything like the LTD Goldtop I have, I'd take it over an Epiphone or PRS any day. Mostly personal preference in terms of feel though, the necks are just amazing, bit more modern than a les paul but not as disgusting as PRS. Def worth considering.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Jul 13, 2015,
Look for a used PRS S2 singlecut
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Id probs grab a EC (im used to LTD neck more so than epi's tbh)
The prs had a bit of a chunky neck compared to my PRS SE custom 24 but still a great guitar.

Saying that though facebook a guy called Unsung Hero Guitars. Takes boring epiphone LPs and makes them amazing.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm gonna goi on my lunch break today and play the Epi so I'll see how I feel with it. I'll let you all know.
Just tried the Epi out - sounds great, looks great but that neck is massive! Not sure if I'm able to get over that point
Quote by jamiepeel2
Just tried the Epi out - sounds great, looks great but that neck is massive! Not sure if I'm able to get over that point

A massive EPi neck????
Son you have no idea.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
A massive EPi neck????
Son you have no idea.

Sorry - will admit I'm a little under experienced at this, I've had the same guitar for 8 years
Find a used USA made PRS S2 singlecut and be done with it. Hell if you want a LP, get a Gibson studio with a 60's neck and be done with it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by jamiepeel2

See, I had the same problem lol.