Hi guys.

I have had a issue with my Boss ns-2. It shows it is working and lighting up, however it is no longer letting any sound through, or very minimal.

what i would like to know is what other options are good options for a noise gate?

I play in a metal band, and have been looking at the mxr options, but dont know the difference between them (and why the price difference)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
Are you running in X-Cable mode? If not, ISP Decimator. If you are running in X-Cable mode then you would need the ISP Decimator G-String which is much more than the NS-2.

NS-2 and ISP Decimator seem to lead the pack. I have the ISP up front for tighter mutes on the Mesa and in the loop of the 5150 to cut the noise from the pre. . .
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
Are you running in X-Cable mode? If not, ISP Decimator. If you are running in X-Cable mode then you would need the ISP Decimator G-String which is much more than the NS-2.

yeah that's pretty much the height of it.

admittedly, i've only tried the decimator and the ns2
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?