*Choose a quote, write a song about it* CONCEPT (SONGWRITING - WEEK 66)

Poll: Best song?
Poll Options
View poll results: Best song?
Song 1
3 43%
Song 2
1 14%
Song 3
0 0%
Song 4
3 43%
Voters: 7.
"Surrender? Your Grandmother Should Surrender, You Bastard!"
-Colonel Eduardo Abaroa Hidalgo

This week, we wrote songs relating to quotes.

Also, some of us didn't, and that's fine.

But this was "concept week" and that was the "concept", and we all know only cool people partake in stuff...

hay sickamn how's the beer and choclats

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "Citalopram" (FoOltz)

2 - "Good Omens" (ultimate-slash)
“It's like you said the other day," said Adam. "You grow up readin' about pirates and cowboys and spacemen and stuff, and jus' when you think the world's full of amazin' things, they tell you it's really all dead whales and chopped-down forests and nucular waste hangin' about for millions of years. 'Snot worth growin' up for, if you ask my opinion.” - Adam, Good Omens (by Neil Gaiman/Terry Pratchett)

3 - "threethreefour (teeth)" (deadsmileyface)

4 - "Good Night" (chev311e)
"Do not go gentle into that good night" - Dylan Thomas

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is last week's most voted song, from whywefight and ehbacon, the song "Stranger"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Friday (post your song for next week meanwhile). The winner of this week's voting will be a mod in our group.

------------------
I... No, I'm quite happy with being unemployed, thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCYZZPwJr_c

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1680820
Just found something quote-worthy:

"The only people that should be allowed to take pictures of their food are the malnourished children in Africa, since it would be a nice souvenier of something that they don't know when, or if, they'll see again."
- Guilherme, from a random blog ranting about "10 stupid fads"
Citalopram

Wasn't expecting the notes after the opening chords but it was interesting. I like how the distorted guitar is mixed lower as well, then it comes in really full. When the vocals started I instantly thought Opeth. Oh my god the heavy bit, incredible, what a kick in. Love it. You're vocals suit it amazingly as well.

I think it could a flowed a tiny bit better between sections, but thats my only small criticism.

Good Omens

Great melding of parts here, every instrument has such a definitive space. It was a good length as well considering it is similar all the way through, nice song, great chords.

Threethreefour (Teeth)

Always cool to see electronic music done on here. Interesting instruments. I liked how some of it had a more 8/16 Bit tonality while other stuff was more modern sounding. The first sample and the section after was a definite highlight, it makes you feel really on edge and something I'm really into.

Good Night

Great use of delay, cool tempo change when the electric comes in as well. Vocals are sounding awesome as well, not sure if its intentionally lo-fi but it works great, sounds kind of tortured which fits the song vibe I think.

Would love to hear some heavy half time drums on it, I think that would complete it for me.

---

Got to go Citalopram, that heavy section just killed me. But all amazing, very diverse set of songs and a cool idea to write based of quotes.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Quote by Skinny91
Citalopram

Wasn't expecting the notes after the opening chords but it was interesting. I like how the distorted guitar is mixed lower as well, then it comes in really full. When the vocals started I instantly thought Opeth. Oh my god the heavy bit, incredible, what a kick in. Love it. You're vocals suit it amazingly as well.

I think it could a flowed a tiny bit better between sections, but thats my only small criticism.

Good Omens

Great melding of parts here, every instrument has such a definitive space. It was a good length as well considering it is similar all the way through, nice song, great chords.

Threethreefour (Teeth)

Always cool to see electronic music done on here. Interesting instruments. I liked how some of it had a more 8/16 Bit tonality while other stuff was more modern sounding. The first sample and the section after was a definite highlight, it makes you feel really on edge and something I'm really into.

Good Night

Great use of delay, cool tempo change when the electric comes in as well. Vocals are sounding awesome as well, not sure if its intentionally lo-fi but it works great, sounds kind of tortured which fits the song vibe I think.

Would love to hear some heavy half time drums on it, I think that would complete it for me.

---

Got to go Citalopram, that heavy section just killed me. But all amazing, very diverse set of songs and a cool idea to write based of quotes.

Thanks man, good to see you back.
Whoa really nice stuff this week guys
I'll vote on second listen (inb4 I don't realise the deadline is whenever the deadline is)

Also guys, I'm supposed to get the second mini album ready for next weekend but I just realised that the samples need to be made too. Is anyone up for it (that can do them on the next couple of days) so we can speed this up a bit?
Quote by sickman411 at #33501601
Whoa really nice stuff this week guys
I'll vote on second listen (inb4 I don't realise the deadline is whenever the deadline is)

Also guys, I'm supposed to get the second mini album ready for next weekend but I just realised that the samples need to be made too. Is anyone up for it (that can do them on the next couple of days) so we can speed this up a bit?

I'm pretty busy this week but I could do some samples on friday
Voted for chev!

Something felt a bit off about this week, but then I realised I've become used to seeing a new wwf song nearly every week
Quote by Minicaxotinho
inb4 Yeah sure.

Are you saying you're up for it? I don't understand exactly what you're trying to say
Quote by nico_9550
I'm pretty busy this week but I could do some samples on friday

Yeah if something still needs to be done by Friday I'll send it to you.
Quote by ultimate-slash
I should be able to do some tonight/tomorrow night

Sent thing.
Sorry

I can help

PS: boo sickman doesn't read the op
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Jul 16, 2015,
Yeah nice I'll send some stuff over to you. Also yeah the first time I saw the thread I didn't post, and I only made my first post when I remembered the samples thing and my mind just wasn't on the OP at the time. I've only had one beer since I arrived because I'm a loser but I will maybe have some today.

Going through the songs for the second time now.

EDIT: Voted for FoOltz but all the songs are songs I'd vote for if all the other songs weren't songs I'd vote for.
Last edited by sickman411 at Jul 16, 2015,
Nice, thanks. I already sent the last ones for Mini to do (I did some yesterday too) but maybe I'll get the 3rd album ones ready to send you tomorrow (also Nico and stuff). Also I have indeed had more beer between the other post and this one, was