Yes metal is dying
7 11%
No metal is not dying
41 63%
Metal is already dead
17 26%
Voters: 65.
Page 1 of 4
The last new sort of metal wave thing coming through in like 09-12 was the djent thing. What's happened in metal since then? Not much. I think that without any new fad then metal will die. Who's the last big metal band to come through this decade anyway?

RIP METAL

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
oh well

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Hopefully

But really it'll be like any genre. There will always be a scene no matter how big it is, it just won't be as popular as it once was.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
you can't kill the metal
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
its not dead it always smelled that way.... nah for relz metals is dead i need to get some software to drops da bass like a respectable musician
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
I guess it really just depends on where you live? I moved to houston texas and the metal scene so far is seems very solid.
Quote by SMH07
Hopefully

But really it'll be like any genre. There will always be a scene no matter how big it is, it just won't be as popular as it once was.

No but really what happened to ska

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Baby Joel
you can't kill the metal

yeah dude, metal forever, long live hammett RIP dime

Its not the fad. Kinda like in the 80s it was IT. Its had its sparks since. The craftsmanship of rock was huge since it started with classic rock. But the youngern generation taken to the electronic made music and manufactured pop and such, its taken over the minds of the youngerns. So its faded out of the mainstream. It'll be back though in mainstream i think with an emphasis on actual humans displaying their craft with instruments. Metal still has a massive following, but the new generation wont seem to taste it to see if they like it. When new bands emerge that that put on great shows with a lot of cool theatrics should pull the attention back to it. I think. Youngerns will be hell bent for leather again
Quote by slapsymcdougal
It was madness.

*rimshot*

mic drop

Quote by slapsymcdougal
It was madness.

*rimshot*

i guess no one could play with madness
Quote by sam b
What "metal"? There's 1545324234243 different genres in "metal"

The rubbish kind. All of them lol
Like And Share If You Are Part Of The 1% Of Teens That Listen To Real Music. \m/
Metal is not that popular, never really has been. I don't think it'll die though, lots of kids like it
Depends on what you see as 'new' these days.

Recently, there's been a surge in technically proficient-ish instrumental bands, who are getting stuff out cuz hey, it worked for Animals as Leaders, Cloudkicker and Chimp Spanner.

I mean bands like Chon, Plini, Sithu Aye, Polyphia and so on.

They all write the same material and sound like the cheesiest shit you've ever heard.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
It will always have a dedicated fanbase. Its established itself too well to be considered a fad, and yet was never supposed to appeal to a mass audience since its inception. So asking if it's dead to a mainstream audience misses the point.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
the undead don't die
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by The_Blode at #33501080
Fred Durst is a great businessman...but he's not an artist. I don't feel that for a minute. I don't give a f**k if he's got 10 gajilion dollars, he is not an artist to me. And you know, it has nothing to do with him as a person, it is what he is doing. He is prepackaging, and he's processing music that a lot of kids feel.

He is an artist. Just not a good one.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by The_Blode
Fred Durst is a great businessman...but he's not an artist. I don't feel that for a minute. I don't give a f**k if he's got 10 gajilion dollars, he is not an artist to me. And you know, it has nothing to do with him as a person, it is what he is doing. He is prepackaging, and he's processing music that a lot of kids feel.

This post is so 2004

Quote by The_Blode

Yeah, nice copy-paste interview transcript.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
The latest trend in metal is black/death metal like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0qds75aLfc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su0buCsrE9A

It's been going on for a little while now and will probably stick around until something more boring comes out. The muddy guitars, reverb vocals and generally boring song structure.

I don't know what's really popular, but I see those types of bands the most.

Hipster black metal is still really big. Deafheaven are still ass. So are bands like Ghost and other boring, awful, metal bands.

But the next big trend is going to be something already done. Most likely stoner doom.
Peak metal was 2007 back when Metallica were still semi-relevant and the good metalcore bands were on their third albums and before they all went alt/hard-rock

Quote by The_Blode at #33501107
Yeah dude...not according to Corey Taylor of Slipknot.

I don't really care what he says.

What Fred Durst does is art in the same way that anything can be considered art. Its just a matter of whether you think it's good art.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 14, 2015,
Metal was never alive

Quote by The_Blode
American Idiot

Ahh yes the famous metal album.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jul 14, 2015,
Quote by The_Blode
Say what you like about it, generation defining album.

But we're talking about metal
Page 1 of 4