things that happen in songs and are boring and predictable but everyone has them

Page 1 of 3
because it's the wya it's done and it takes up runtime for the songs.

I do not like when songs go:
verse-verse-chorus-verse-instrumental-chorus-chorus-key change bridge-chorus-chorus-chorus

like seriously two or three choruses in a row is so boring.

what things do you hate that often happens in music
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Sounds
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
build tempo+increase volume gradually while someone talks about bitches and hoes => trap style bass drop
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Guitar intro with no backing
Drums come in, rhythm guitar comes in, guitar intro riff repeats twice
Final guitar intro riff but with different drums this time

Totalling the guitar intro riff being played a total of 4 times before the song has even started

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Totalling the guitar intro riff being played a total of 4 times before the song has even started

This is the intro of half of my songs
Whatever, it works like a mother****er when executed correctly
the same exact chord progressions being played in songs, live a little use that vii, ii or iii chord every once in a while.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Lyrics written in common metre.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I cant stand that EVERY SINGLE TOP 10 HIT IN AMERICA has a build up to the chorus:

boom boom boom boom boom-boom-boom-boom boomboomboomboomboomboom...........BASS DROP HALF TIME CHORUS
Quote by bdof
This is the intro of half of my songs
Whatever, it works like a mother****er when executed correctly

It's like the trademark of poorly written metalcore/metal

Was played out long ago, you can do better!

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Using the same word to rhyme at the end of lines in a verse
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

basically all electronic music

boom boom boom boom

boomboomboombooomx8

boombooombooomboom a lot faster

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

-weird noise or sample right before the obligatory drop-

unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce

repeat ad nausea
pinga
That thing it does where the song finishes. I swear, I've not heard a single fucking song which has had the balls to defy convention and simply not end. It's like there's some unwritten rule which everyone is following like sheep. Dunno who the fuck started that trend but they should be crucified.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by EndTheRapture51
It's like the trademark of poorly written metalcore/metal

Was played out long ago, you can do better!

Not really I ain't gonna create some brand new way to intro a song, lol. It is what it is. It's a staple of good metal and bad metal alike.

Without being a conceded twat and trying to advertise my old band, it's a perfect example in the first 2 songs for the first 20-30 seconds, but then in the 3rd song there is no intro, but directly into a Verse

Seriously not advertising my band. Just showing my own personal examples
I just think that there's better ways to start a song. For a lot of metal it's just so played out for me that I'd rather just hear the riff once and go straight into the verse rather than repeating it with various drum beats. Makes me cringe.

Tbf one of my favourite songs is like that though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQ4ppiPUrY

Quote by entity0009 at #33501029
That thing it does where the song finishes. I swear, I've not heard a single fucking song which has had the balls to defy convention and simply not end. It's like there's some unwritten rule which everyone is following like sheep. Dunno who the fuck started that trend but they should be crucified.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I just think that there's better ways to start a song. For a lot of metal it's just so played out for me that I'd rather just hear the riff once and go straight into the verse rather than repeating it with various drum beats. Makes me cringe.

Tbf one of my favourite songs is like that though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQ4ppiPUrY

I can dig that approach, and I have 1 or 2 songs that do that too that I wrote. There's just only so many ways to write an intro for a song before you start running into repetitive song/riff arrangement issues. When you get up to like 15+ songs, you start finding yourself saying "Hmmmm....this feels very familiar". Besides, people just naturally tend to gravitate back towards what they feel is successful
Last edited by bdof at Jul 14, 2015,
Quote by bdof
Not really I ain't gonna create some brand new way to intro a song, lol. It is what it is. It's a staple of good metal and bad metal alike.

Without being a conceded twat and trying to advertise my old band, it's a perfect example in the first 2 songs for the first 20-30 seconds, but then in the 3rd song there is no intro, but directly into a Verse

Seriously not advertising my band. Just showing my own personal examples

Your band (minus the vocals which I'm not a fan of) sounds like the kind of thing I would have listened to when I was into faster metal. But those intros, I'm sorry to say, were predictable af. Not to say that the songs don't sound good, but the intros are like the most standard metal intros available. Not necessarily a bad thing to use occasionally, but not good to use repeatedly either.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Your band (minus the vocals which I'm not a fan of) sounds like the kind of thing I would have listened to when I was into faster metal. But those intros, I'm sorry to say, were predictable af. Not to say that the songs don't sound good, but the intros are like the most standard metal intros available. Not necessarily a bad thing to use occasionally, but not good to use repeatedly either.

Definitely not disagreeing with you It's a pretty mainstream approach, but they typically catch most people who have never seen you before's attention immediately during live shows. We'd play between 5-7 songs in a set, use 2-3 of those songs with those intros (but never back to back), and sometimes would leave feedback between those songs to make them all have a different feel leading up to the start of a song. Almost like pre-intros I guess

Worked well, but we'd likely never get big with that style of writing, which was almost 100% all mine. Would've loved to bounce ideas off of another guitarist that approached writing different than me.
Quote by entity0009
I swear, I've not heard a single fucking song which has had the balls to defy convention and simply not end.

Allman Bros come pretty close.

Seriously though songs that don't start with arguments with Tim Westwood aren't really songs as far as I'm concerned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ6G7qwjom4
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jul 14, 2015,
The thing that I can accurately predict 9 times out of 10:

quiet intro
PICK SCRAPE
metal song

Bonus points for additional pick scrape when entering the chorus.
Quote by Lion_Slicer
The thing that I can accurately predict 9 times out of 10:

quiet intro
PICK SCRAPE
metal song

Bonus points for additional pick scrape when entering the chorus.

Also the same thing but with harmonic trills.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
when it's a hc track and it sets up an obvious breakdown that every other band in the genre has done already.

like I still on the fence about code orange's last album cause while it was a solid piece of aggression, they ventured away from their interesting directions for predictable breakdowns and pretty much every hxc cliche so the hxc kiddies can get some nice spinning kick time at their shows.

example: https://codeorangekids.bandcamp.com/

I mean it's good but I roll my eyes listening to it sometimes.

there other some powerviolence and grind cliches in certain beat patterns and vocal styles and such out there too but I'm not quite fed up of them yet.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
a lot of punk bands (even ones i listen to) like to make dopey little songs with a one word title that contain 3-5 words as the lyrics. usually obnoxiously repetitive and attempts to shit on some other thing the band doesn't like, except they just make themselves sound annoying.

examples:

Screeching Weasel - Skateboard
we skate, we're cool (repeat 100 times)

Guttermouth - Surfs Up, Assholes
surfs up, assholes (repeat 100 times)

well... i guess those bands are annoying as hell to begin with.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
^ take your medicine old man
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
That way that, on the last time through the chorus on a lot of rock songs, they'll accent the chord changes and add steps in-between, like around 4:42 on here(Compare to 1:18 and 2:18):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV7c6ThfXvs

It's cliche, a ton of rock songs use it, and I love it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
thing i dont like in song:

~it over 4 minutes
~we play sloppy cuz we're soo sad omg
~the whiney background scramz on a soft track
~the wanky clean sweep picking verses of every soft track post 2010 shits so out of place cut it out already
~buttpunk lyrical content
~bad haircuts
~acoustic closing tracks
~guitar solos
~rhythm guitarists in general
~guitarists in general
~fcking stupid band names where letters or random punctuation marks appear where they shouldn't gimme a! braek alrevdy (usually goes hand in hand with thing #2 bloody dipshits)
tbh most musical cliches I see it coming and then I like it anyway lol

Quote by EndTheRapture51

this is kind of annoying though

also this doesn't normally bother me but sometimes when rappers have a second track of them saying pointless shit at the end of each bar distracting from an otherwise good song. it depends on how obnoxious they are with it.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Jul 14, 2015,
Songs that start with "ONE TWO THREE FOUR!"

And yes, the Ramones have been coming up a lot in shuffle play lately.
Lyrics: Oh yeah; the word baby; We're going to party/dance/drink/have a jolly time till dawn/all night/tonight/forever; every love song ever.

Musical things: bass drops, even in real electro stuff they're old and cringey as fvck now, the dudebros have ruined them, let it die already; acoustic guitar intro in a non acoustic song; pop rock in general.
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
^ but love songs from the 30s are ludicrous.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Page 1 of 3