Just wondering if anyone has ever removed a pickguard for aesthetic purposes. I have an old Peavey Raptor Plus and just can't stand pickguards anymore. This guitar has sentimental value, so I don't want to just get rid of it. I'm looking at upgrading the pickups and repainting it.

I actually took the pickguard off already, but am having difficulty imagining how to make it not look like shit now, since everything is cut out more than it needs to be to just fit the pickups, etc.
Pickguard is part of the electronics for a strat. Nobody can remove that... *lol*
You could always paint/wrap the pickguard the same color as the guitar provided it's not some wacky 80s shredder color.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
You could always paint/wrap the pickguard the same color as the guitar provided it's not some wacky 80s shredder color.

Thanks, that's a good idea. Or I may spraypaint it cream and then get chrome or gold pickups.
how cheap pickguards are from IKNMusic with backplates you have over 20 options on ebay china.

problem is if you did fill the entire strats body and route a control cavity like a jackson it's way too much work. Cream pickguards with backplates and screws are/were 11$ with free shipping the last time i checked. You can get all sorts of different configurations too. I must have sold over 100 pickguards from IKNMusic (ebay seller) , they are 3 ply and 11 hole. Worst case scenario you'd have to re-drill the holes. Blue pearl to cream pearl , vintage green pearl , purple , pink to these wild shell inspired colors.

I've used them on squier bullets and affinities (Rock bottom cheapest squiers you can buy) to deluxe fenders and a bunch of guitars that weren't even made by the "winner" company fender. All in all if i ever customize another strat but this time actually keep it I want white pearl as badly as a warped neck or faulty electronics.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Jul 16, 2015,