So I got a voodoo labs pedal power 2 today, and it won't seem to power my Jim Dunlop Cry Baby wah 105Q (bass). It also didn't work with a daisy chain and only seemed to work with batteries.

Any idea what the problem could be? Would hate for this to be a bit of a wasted purchase as it was one of the main reasons I wanted to upgrade from the daisy chain!
Gibson SG (Goddess - Violet Burst / Standard - Alpine White)
Laney Ironheart 120W and Celestion V30's

(Front) Polytune 2 noir > Cry Baby Wah 105Q Bass > Octave Multiplexer > BAT Pharaoh Fuzz > MXR Line Driver
(Loop) ISP Decimator G String II > Hardwire Supernatural
Voodoo Labs PP2
Check the polarity.

Did some research and the polarity of your supply and pedal match so it's not that.
Last edited by esky15 at Jul 15, 2015,
I had the same problem with a snarlin' dogs brand wah a while ago. Power plug was completely doa. it was batteries or nothing.
Mind you, mine was a second hand purchase for almost nothing.
They do make a dc adapter that hooks to the battery plug. Maybe you need to try that.
They look something like this
http://www.amazon.com/Visual-Sound-CBAT-Converter-Supply/dp/B000EELID0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1436992623&sr=8-4&keywords=one+spot+9+volt
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
I had the same problem with my crybaby actually. Turns out the power cable was bad. So i replaced it, and it still didnt work.

The thing was to big for the input on the crybaby. I had to cut away some of the rubber insulation on the jack, so that it went all the way into the pedal. So, you know, could be that.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by gorkyporky
I had the same problem with my crybaby actually. Turns out the power cable was bad. So i replaced it, and it still didnt work.

The thing was to big for the input on the crybaby. I had to cut away some of the rubber insulation on the jack, so that it went all the way into the pedal. So, you know, could be that.

I had a problem with my wah as well as another pedal with the power onnector
The power connector was to short and wouldn't go in far enough.
I had to trim back the plastic on the power cable connector that connects to the pedal's power jack.

If that is the issue, you need to trim it back like I have marked in red in this picture.
Use a razor blade and trim it back VERY, VERY CAREFULLY.
Just trim back a very small amount at a time.
Like say half way back to where I drew that red line.
Better to not cut enough than too much.
When the razor blade hits metal, you have hit the outer connection sleeve.
This will be the positive power connection.

Of course, the power jack on the pedal could be bad or not soldered properly too.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jul 15, 2015,
Thanks for all the responses guys!

While I will try trimming back the plastic (it did seem to not quite connect properly, so it's probably that) I did look at the other bunch of cables that came with the PP2 and I saw the one with a 9V battery clip connection, tried it and it worked! What a brilliant invention! Unfortunately my battery lid won't shut now with the cable sticking out, and sits wonky on my board, but it's a minor inconvenience for actually having power.

I'll try the cutting back plastic thing later, but I'm happy for now.

Thanks all! My purchase was a success after all
Gibson SG (Goddess - Violet Burst / Standard - Alpine White)
Laney Ironheart 120W and Celestion V30's

(Front) Polytune 2 noir > Cry Baby Wah 105Q Bass > Octave Multiplexer > BAT Pharaoh Fuzz > MXR Line Driver
(Loop) ISP Decimator G String II > Hardwire Supernatural
Voodoo Labs PP2