http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Zdirect?adpos=1o9&creative=54989263441&device=m&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CKqh-tf73cYCFY-HaQod8SIEwQ

I was thinking of getting this PI box above, but I'm sort of skeptical since it's so damn cheap. Thoughts? What's the lowest I can go if I want one that's actually decent? And do you have any recommendations on one that's at a low price? Preferably under $35.
Quote by Granata
Thoughts?
It will sound bad, but for a guitar you won't care that much,
Quote by Granata
What's the lowest I can go if I want one that's actually decent?
Around $100
Quote by Granata
And do you have any recommendations on one that's at a low price? Preferably under $35.
Under that amount everything will suck just about the same, and I'd much rather trust art than behringer.
Quote by Will Lane
Has a nice cab sim on it and ground loop switches and pads.
These would be two pads and a ground lift switch, not ground loop.

Lifting/opening the ground is done to eliminate ground loops.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Taz9
+1 ART. Especially for live use.

Alrighty. Can't go wrong with the ART that I posted? I'm just buying one to mess around with when recording. I'm not planning on releasing music on iTunes any time soon. It's just for me to get my feet in the water.
Quote by Spambot_2
These would be two pads and a ground lift switch, not ground loop.

Lifting/opening the ground is done to eliminate ground loops.

No, in this case it *really* sounds bad, and that's a ground loop switch. Not a very good unit, you see...
^
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I prefer Whirlwind, had them in the studio for quite a long time, they dropped anything you can think of on top of them and those DIs held. For my uses I have a Radial stereo DI, cost me about $120 but it is 2 channel, this way I can use it on 2 guitars when running my own session. Theirs are with Jensen transformers so you get a really pristine sound.