Hey guys, a few months ago ( you may find the post on here ) I bought this focusrite solo. Its worked great! all of a sudden, with no changes within reaper, no device or hardware changes on my computer, and no changes within the settings of my asio configuration, all my recordings start playing as if the buffer is far too low.

so i started raising it, wondering what the deal was.. its currently maxed at 4,000+ whatever the exact number is with 288ms delay.. the buzz and audio stutter or drop is still present. What gives? did the unit simply go defective over night?
Quote by Rust_in_Peace34

....Also, the Death cover of Painkiller and Silence Calls the Storm by Quo Vadis allow me to pour bricks from my anus.
Dude, is your computer using an AMD board? I had the same problem and i have the exact same model. It's the driver. You won't fix anything by checking drivers. You need to contact Focusrite support, and have them send you an alternate driver. Mention your computer's specs and components. It took them like 3 weeks to resolve this because they overlooked the fact that I have an AMD motherboard.
Last edited by Norgz94 at Jul 16, 2015,
Quote by diabolical
Welcome to the world of PC recording
My guess is Windows update knocked your drivers out of whack.
You can try system restore to before this happened or check cables, uninstall and then reinstall driver.

Yeah, that was my method of approach, i figured it had to be the driver, but how? i forgot about windows stealth virus like approach to updates .. I wont do a system restore, as the issue will probably just reoccur, however after uninstalling the drivers, rebooting and reinstalling, and switching usb ports, the issue seems to have hidden itself, for now.

Dude, is your computer using an AMD board? I had the same problem and i have the exact same model. It's the driver. You won't fix anything by checking drivers. You need to contact Focusrite support, and have them send you an alternate driver. Mention your computer's specs and components. It took them like 3 weeks to resolve this because they overlooked the fact that I have an AMD motherboard.

Nope, i have an intel msi based thunderbolt board. So lucky for us its not intel or amd specific.
Quote by Rust_in_Peace34

....Also, the Death cover of Painkiller and Silence Calls the Storm by Quo Vadis allow me to pour bricks from my anus.