I have a guitar kit that I am building. The body is sanded and ready for primer but weather not co-operating (not even started sanding the neck yet, undecided if I use the neck provided or switch it out for an angle paddle style neck). I know once primer is on and sanded and the desired color is on I also need to wet sand that as well. My question is, I bought auto spray paint (metallic) once I sand the color and wet sand it will the sanding remove the metallic or should I be good?

Thank you for your help and opinions in advance.
Quote by krazykanuk
I have a guitar kit that I am building. The body is sanded and ready for primer but weather not co-operating (not even started sanding the neck yet, undecided if I use the neck provided or switch it out for an angle paddle style neck). I know once primer is on and sanded and the desired color is on I also need to wet sand that as well. My question is, I bought auto spray paint (metallic) once I sand the color and wet sand it will the sanding remove the metallic or should I be good?

Thank you for your help and opinions in advance.

you'll be fine, wet sanding won't remove any metallic. Wet sanding will make it "matte", then clearcoat and buffing will bring it back