I have scoured forums and found some helpful threads but none that match my specific questions and desired setup.

So I recently purchased a G-major (I know their old but it was a bargain and it suits my needs). now, im in the process of upgrading and expanding my setup but I need a MIDI foot controller to couple with my rack and amp.
I have an Orange Rockerverb 100 on its way and obviously will have the G-major in the loop. However, I'm also running a few stomp boxes out front (volume pedal, polytune, ISP decimator, Maxon OD9, cry baby from hell and a BF3 to utilize the hold function).

What I want from the MIDI controller is this:

The ability to select INDIVIDUAL effects, (delay, chorus, phaser etc) for impulsive reactions when playing live
Have my necessary presets readily available (clean with delay and switch to gain with phaser with one 'foot tap)

Now, I understand the G System from TC Electronics can offer these functions, but is it compatible with my G Major?
And also, once I've programmed the MIDI foot controller, is there any need for my amps foot switch? I'm assuming the foot controller will change the amps channel?
Is it worth running a second noise suppressor in the FX loop?

If there's any additional, vital information needed that I've missed, or if I'm too vague, just let me know. Thanks!
Quote by elusivegt
Now, I understand the G System from TC Electronics can offer these functions, but is it compatible with my G Major?
The G system is the same g major fx processing unit + a footswitch.
It'd be redundant to get a G system, you just need a foot controller.
Quote by elusivegt
And also, once I've programmed the MIDI foot controller, is there any need for my amps foot switch?
No, you just need to connect the g major "switch out" to the RV's footswitch in.
Quote by elusivegt
I'm assuming the foot controller will change the amps channel?
A midi controller sends midi info, and the RV doesn't even have a midi input so no, a midi foot controller won't work.

A midi controller into the g major would work tho, 'cause the g major has a proper output for that.
Quote by elusivegt
Is it worth running a second noise suppressor in the FX loop?
If you have so much noise to justify that then you need to solve other problems before - how you power your equipment for example.

I'd get a behringer FCB1010.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The FCB or look at Voodoolabs midi switch:
http://www.voodoolab.com/gcontrolpro.htm

I don't know how many parameters you can control, I think it is either use as single pedals or switch patches.
Not sure about the amp control, I think the G-major could do that but I'm not 100%.