I have a Ibanez GRG GIO 250DX guitar.

Is it possible to step this guitar to a standard tuning (EADGBE), or they developed to match only lowered tunings?

Because every time I try to tune it up to standard tuning, protract the top lock, setting up the microtuning knobs, after a five minutes leaving the guitar alone it starts loosing its tune - all notes go down 40 cents or something like that.

I tried to tighten up the tremolo bar springs on the back of the guitar, but that doesn't caused any help (and tremolo doesn't really keep parallel to guitar deck surface).

If in a half-step down tuning, everything is OK, guitar keeps it's tuning perfectly.

Any ideas?
Last edited by paveld500 at Jul 16, 2015,
My son has one these and he never plays anything but standard tuning. Never had any problems that I know about.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Strange question. I've never even thought of it. My Ibanez (not the same model) is OK in standard tuning - never use anything else. I'd usually expect to tweak the truss rod to get the action right if going from C or D. If all the notes go down 40 cents, then why not tune it 40 cents high and see what happens?
Have you tried using different strings? Might need a different gauge of string, or if they're new strings need more stretching for the higher tension.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
You shouldn't need different gauge strings for a half step. Guessing it's got a floyd or similar floating trem? Edge or something?
I can't imagine it won't take a standard tuning. Like PSimon said, you may have to tune it a little sharp so it drops back down.
It sounds like the bridge isn't floated right. The tension on the bridge changes in different tunings and that's causing your tuning to go flat. Last time I changed strings on my Floyd equipped LTD, it took almost an hour to re-float the bridge.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by blizzboy
if they're new strings need more stretching for the higher tension.

^This would be my guess.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I'd take it and let a tech set it up, trem probably needs floated which not easy to do if you're not experienced with floating trems it should take standard tuning just fine.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

No it's literally impossible.

Just needs an adjustment; probably the springs. Not hard to do but you may want to get a professional setup
It sounds like you need to keep adjusting your springs. I know you said the bridge doesn't stay parallel, but it takes time. You have to make an adjustment, tune it up a couple times. The guitar shouldn't stay in tune. You will have to keep tuning to bring the bridge parallel. Let it sit and if your bridge isn't parallel, adjust your springs and tune again. This could take a while..
Unfortunately, with the floyd type floating trem, you're going to have to pick one tuning and stick with it. You aren't going to be able to change tuning without a full setup.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
First few times getting string tension vs spring tension where you want it on a floating tremolo is like a zeno's paradox (especially the one about the arrow going to the target)

Easiest way for me on a floating guitar where the player has changed string gauge is to

1. crank the springs so the tremolo is stuck to the body

2. Tune from low e to high e

3. Repeat step 2 until the low e is still in tune after tuning the high e (this will probably take many, many repeats)

4. Look at where the tremolo is in relation to the body and see if its somewhere you want it (most people like it slightly more forward than parallel to the body)

5. If its too far forward, tighten the springs A TINY BIT, like 1/4 turn on each spring. If it's too far back, loosen the springs A TINY BIT

6. Go back to step 2