Page 1 of 3
What is up with internet meme culture that decided it's okay to spell words the wrong way
y u so mad tho
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
tho is just a contraction, half the word isn't needed we should deliberately misspell some words to save ink

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by bradulator
What is up with internet meme culture that decided it's okay to spell words the wrong way

What is up with internet complain culture that decided it's okay to write sentences with bad grammar and punctuation
zpellin iz ovr8d brah.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
Why do so many people dispense with proper capitalization and/or punctuation on the internet?

It's a way to make rhetorical questions distinctive from non-rhetorical ones. If, in a few years, posing a question such as "Why do trains always have to be late" is syntactically correct rhetorical questioning, we've made the language that much more efficient.

Maybe the reason I answered you is because you placed that question mark. Had you not, I wouldn't need contextual clues to know the question's function.

Quote by soundgarden1986
because its faster and i dont care

Nah, you do care, no one goes through this much trouble to avoid Capitals and punctuation.

This is a very interesting phenomenon that doesn't get its deserved attention. The internet's changing language in ways that can be used in formal settings (with enough mental adjustment).
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jul 16, 2015,
Thaw
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by soundgarden1986 at #33504644
because its faster and i dont care

I never got the whole it's faster thing. Like spelling out you instead of just putting u, there's only two more letters. Unless you chicken peck at your computer because you don't know how to type properly, you're not really saving much time. But yeah, I'm pretty sure people do it know to either try to be funny(Try being the key word there), or just to piss of Grammar Nazis.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
i get the argument bc its still faster regardless of how minuscule the difference is

Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33504665

Nah, you do care, no one goes through this much trouble to avoid Capitals and punctuation.

was this supposed to be a joke i can never tell with this place
m8 u jus dnt undersned
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Saying bc for because or w/e for whatever, those make sense. Tho is post-irony internet speak and it's awful and used by upper class white high school students who listen to rap and wear Sperry's.
ITT: Classic Pit over-analysis
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by bradulator
Saying bc for because or w/e for whatever, those make sense. Tho is post-irony internet speak and it's awful and used by upper class white high school students who listen to rap and wear Sperry's.

'post-irony internet speak' is fun
sorry for having fun
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
It's a way to make rhetorical questions distinctive from non-rhetorical ones. If, in a few years, posing a question such as "Why do trains always have to be late" is syntactically correct rhetorical questioning, we've made the language that much more efficient.

Maybe the reason I answered you is because you placed that question mark. Had you not, I wouldn't need contextual clues to know the question's function.

This is a very interesting phenomenon that doesn't get its deserved attention. The internet's changing language in ways that can be used in formal settings (with enough mental adjustment).

this post had like a bajillion words lmao
Quote by bradulator

im neither white or upper class & im outta high school

debunked smd etc
Quote by MinterMan22
this post had like a bajillion words lmao

Is being interested in stuff the new 'uncool' thing to do?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Welcome to 'Murrica, freedom etc. where the Texas board of education runs all the textbooks and unqualified dentists run the Texas board of education.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Quote by EpiExplorer
Welcome to 'Murrica, freedom etc. where the Texas board of education runs all the textbooks and unqualified dentists run the Texas board of education.

MinterMan is, to my knowledge, Canadian. Dude's got no excuse.

Out of curiosity I took a look at the UN's Education Index and Canada is 8th while the US is 5th. Dunno what the hell the source means, though.
i dont wear sperrys either !!!

Quote by hurricane0202
piss of Grammar Nazis.

8/10

В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Quote by chrismendiola at #33504806
"Tho" is a three letter ersatz phrase for "though."

Boom.

nice

Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33504716

depends - are you interested in uncool things? in yr case ya
I switch between tho and though seemingly at random. I don't think about it.
Whatever i end up typing is what gets posted.
because people typed like that unironically when they were younger on the internet, and now it's come back because people think it's amusing. it's not really that amusing.
I use standard capitalisation and grammar in most places, but with stuff like Facebook and IMs and stuff it just seems awkward and stilted. So in that sort of situation I'll use the sort of syntax/grammar I'd use in real life and probably a lot of unnecessary abbreviation
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
A quick Twitter search of the term "tho" will make it clear who legitimately uses the term for shorthand and who uses the term because they are white upper class millennial cultural appropriators.
Really, though, it looks as if "tho" is just another Internet shorthand thing rather than a cultural phenomenon.
Free Ali
Free Lard
i use it once every 50 or so times when i'd normally type "though"

and i use "though" a lot.

you might say i overuse it.

you might say i overuse a lot of words.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Page 1 of 3