prefer SGs but that's not really helpful per se. depends on what you want out of a guitar.
This is completely subjective. Who cares what I would buy if you're the one playing it? I wouldn't by either because I prefer different guitars - and I own an Epi SG Special and a Les Paul shape (Eclipse). . .

If this is all we have to go on, which one makes you want to pick it up and play it just by looking at it? Buy that one.

You may also want to consider how each feel when you play them, how balanced they are when you stand up (or sit, my SG is horribly balanced and neck dives sitting down. . . ), how the neck feels, how the frets feel, which one you feel the mojo with, etc.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I have never played an LP Studio Satin, but I used to own a Standard Faded in Honey Burst (which also has a satin finish). Nice guitar, but I did have some tuning issues with it and the neck was a little puny for me. I have also owned an SG Faded, and it was an absolute monster. It played great, I never had any issues with, and it SCREAMED. I sold it to fund a Telecaster purchase, and I regret it.
Last edited by Fuzz Aldrin at Jul 16, 2015,
personally id go for a epiphone. the more expensive (but still affordable) epiphones are far superior to the bottom of the bucket gibsons IMO.

but if you really just want your guitar to say gibson id go with the SG c: I owned one for a while. changed the pickups and threw a bigsby on it and it sound and played fantastic. like a $400 upgrade though.
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
Play both, buy your favourite.

I own both, and like both, but you REALLY have to play the Gibson you're going to be buying.

FWIW, my LP Studio Satin is by far the best guitar I've ever played (even compared to LP & SG standards & customs), whereas my SG Special Faded is just an average guitar. It could just as easily have been the other way around. On the other hand, both could have been outstanding or both could have been average.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Jul 17, 2015,
Quote by adelino316
Which one would you buy?

The one that felt right in my hands and sounded the most like me through the pickups. Play both and decide. Don't be a chump and buy one without playing it first.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Versus threads are hard to answer especially when it's a "which would you buy" , because it is entirely subjective and my preference may not suit your needs. It's not as bad if the question is asking for a quality comparison, sometimes that can be pretty cut and dry, but if both guitars in question are comparable in quality then it becomes subjective and again everyone will not have the same preferences.

Your best bet is to test drive both maybe even more than one of each, read/watch some reviews and decide which one really turns you on, that will be the one to buy!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jul 17, 2015,