Hey all

Been looking at buying these two electrics. The guy doesn't seem to know much about them so wanna see if we can figure out model numbers and what an appropriate offer would be.

I'm far from a parker expert (I've never even tried one) but that parker looks kind of off to me. In other words, is it even a real parker?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, is it just me or is the join in the two pieces of the top not centred?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Yeah, is it just me or is the join in the two pieces of the top not centred?

just the lighting in the pic from what i see. if that isa parker it's one of the cheaper inports. if the BC Rich has a bolt on neck then it's a cheapie as well.
Quote by monwobobbo
just the lighting in the pic from what i see. if that isa parker it's one of the cheaper inports. if the BC Rich has a bolt on neck then it's a cheapie as well.

If it helps, that observation was from looking at the string ferrules, but you're probably still right.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan
The Parker is fairly recent, it has the newer thicker headstock, I personally like the old thin one like my 97 Parker Fly Deluxe had. The Parker might have a bolt on maple neck and probably be imported. I'm going to guess that it is a Parker PDF 30, which costs $299 new. I'd pay half of that if it were in great shape. The BC Rich looks like a Warbeast, also about $299 new.
The BC Rich is a Warlock. On the headstock it says what series it is but can't make it out. The inlay at the 12th fret makes me think that it's a signature series. Perhaps some old Kerry King version. Bolt-on would make it a cheapie, but it has active BCR pickups and a Kahler, which would make it akin to the KK Speed V, which costs $500 new.
Quote by dthmtl3
Perhaps some old Kerry King version.

Nah, those always have silly artwork on them from what I've seen, but going down the sig route you suggested, I'm all but certain (from the truss rod cover and the 12th fret inlay) that it's an "M7 Signature Special" whatever that might mean. Bridge is almost certainly aftermarket, a Schaller 456 or similar to replace the original wraparound.

I found one on Gumtree for £150 (~$230). Probably not a very good approximation of the value, but it gives you a ballpark.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan
Quote by jtees4
The Parker is fairly recent, it has the newer thicker headstock, I personally like the old thin one like my 97 Parker Fly Deluxe had.

Ah I didn't realise they changed it. Thanks for the info.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by jtees4
The Parker is fairly recent, it has the newer thicker headstock, I personally like the old thin one like my 97 Parker Fly Deluxe had. The Parker might have a bolt on maple neck and probably be imported. I'm going to guess that it is a Parker PDF 30, which costs $299 new. I'd pay half of that if it were in great shape. The BC Rich looks like a Warbeast, also about $299 new.
I agree. That looks like a PDF30. The TOM style bridge and the controls are the biggest giveaways.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Its a Mick Thomson warlock. Can tell from the 7 on the head stock and the 12th fret inlay.

Parker, im not sure on.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
Its a Mick Thomson warlock. Can tell from the 7 on the head stock and the 12th fret inlay.

Parker, im not sure on.

I was insanely impressed by your eyes before I realized I could zoom...Yeah definitely an old Mick Thomson. A cheapo version of the "M7". However the only thing I know about "Parker" is that I knew a guy with that name once upon a time.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Quote by GraceByDeath
I was insanely impressed by your eyes before I realized I could zoom...Yeah definitely an old Mick Thomson. A cheapo version of the "M7". However the only thing I know about "Parker" is that I knew a guy with that name once upon a time.

Haha, first thing I do is check if i can zoom in on the pics
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Thanks for the replies guys. He sold the BC Rich for $100. The Parker is still available but don't think it's worth it.