Page 1 of 2
So I went to the beach yesterday and spent most of the time on my back. Now it looks as if somebody had taped lobsters to my chest and legs. And I'm at work, right, at a hardware store/nursery. So I'm loading a bunch of roses and their prickles cut my burnt arms and It hurts like hell. Additionally I rest cement bags and mulch on my chest as I load them onto pallets causing the burn to sting even more. Screw the sun.

Regale me with your worst sunburn stories. Also, how do I make this feel better?

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
My chocolate skin prevents me from getting sunburns .
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
I live in Australia where its so sunny every man and his dog gets a Melanoma so I just put on sunblock.
A few years back i was fishing in a sleeveless shirt and got hella sun burnt, and now on my right shoulder its seemingly (since then it's never not been tan) permanently tanned and rough feeling so I'm salty that I'll prolly never look normal in that spot.
KIFFLOM
Quote by soundgarden1986 at #33506658
going out in the summer is bullshit winter is the only good season

Do you live in Canada?
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
Quote by hurricane0202
Do you live in Canada?

All these winter-obsessed nerds are Canadian
My God, it's full of stars!
I got burned through a car window through my clothing through sunscreen one time. I didn't realize until I got up and the end of my pants moved down and pushed all the skin off my lower leg.
cat
I once lost the skin on my face and most of my right arm after forgetting to put on sunscreen.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I don't see the sun.

I played a show the other night in a white t shirt. When I got sweaty, my shirt was darker than my skin.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
aloe bro

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by soundgarden1986 at #33506658
going out in the summer is bullshit winter is the only good season

nice
Quote by Dreadnought at #33506676
All these winter-obsessed nerds are Canadian

ok there try not to rip up yr obnoxious graphic tees when you wipe out on that pavement over there pal i'll stick to my slopes xoxo~

I am allergic to sunlight so while I can get sunburned usually it's something else lol.

winter is best season anyone who disagrees is objectively wrong not even canadian.
Quote by sonic_hippy
A few years back i was fishing in a sleeveless shirt and got hella sun burnt, and now on my right shoulder its seemingly (since then it's never not been tan) permanently tanned and rough feeling so I'm salty that I'll prolly never look normal in that spot.

Get it checked out. Probably nothing, but it's best to be over cautious and sure.
Quote by MinterMan22
nice

ok there try not to rip up yr obnoxious graphic tees when you wipe out on that pavement over there pal i'll stick to my slopes xoxo~

LOL you're not athletic, please
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought at #33506772
LOL you're not athletic, please

says the old man

Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
So I went to the beach yesterday and spent most of the time on my back. Now it looks as if somebody had taped lobsters to my chest and legs. And I'm at work, right, at a hardware store/nursery. So I'm loading a bunch of roses and their prickles cut my burnt arms and It hurts like hell. Additionally I rest cement bags and mulch on my chest as I load them onto pallets causing the burn to sting even more. Screw the sun.

Regale me with your worst sunburn stories. Also, how do I make this feel better?

Hauling stuff around the nursery, landscaping, vineyard work, etc. builds farmer strength, a benefit, yea?
I'm just getting over a wicked sunburn. Went to work on thursday peeling all over my nose and forehead. It was so embarrassing.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Dreadnought
Still winning competitions

You can do the rasta thing if you're still running marathons for fun(and various charities) when you're past 60, like a former firefighter I know.

It might help if you learn to play the bagpipes like he does, too.

Quote by soundgarden1986
born and raised in philadelphia

West Philadelphia by any chance?
Last edited by slapsymcdougal at Jul 18, 2015,
I've only been sunburned once, when I was 10 on a trip to the Irish coast.

Doesn't matter how long I spend in the sun, I haven't burned or tanned since. It's really weird.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I turn brown in the summer, barely even need sunscreen except during the first few times I go at the beach.

Get better genes TS.

@EpiExplorer: you probably got the redhead disease from Ireland, no way you'll ever tan again and your kids will be soulless drunken shells.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Last edited by Good_Lord at Jul 18, 2015,
Very rarely get burned, just tan like nobody's business after 1 day in the sun. I got a small amount this summer when I spent 2 days canoeing down a river in direct sunlight. Just got red knees and forearms really, they peeled after a week and never hurt.
My fiancée, on the other hand, blistered up like baked paint for a month or so. It was pretty nasty.
Quote by Good_Lord
I turn brown in the summer, barely even need sunscreen except during the first few times I go at the beach.

Get better genes TS.

@EpiExplorer: you probably got the redhead disease from Ireland, no way you'll ever tan again and your kids will be soulless drunken shells.

Explains why most of my beard is ginger.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Pretty much slept with slabs of aloe on my body

Quote by guitarxo at #33506677
I got burned through a car window through my clothing through sunscreen one time. I didn't realize until I got up and the end of my pants moved down and pushed all the skin off my lower leg.

Quote by Pastafarian96 at #33506696
I once lost the skin on my face and most of my right arm after forgetting to put on sunscreen.

D:

Quote by Ippon at #33506807
Hauling stuff around the nursery, landscaping, vineyard work, etc. builds farmer strength, a benefit, yea?

god I hope so. I'm still nowhere close to being farmer strong

Quote by slipknot5678 at #33506758
I am allergic to sunlight so while I can get sunburned usually it's something else lol.

winter is best season anyone who disagrees is objectively wrong not even canadian.

allergic as in it causes a breakout of pimples or the eczema type?

Also winter is objectively the worst season due to limitation of resources. Although winter here isn't too bad. I don't have to deal with snow unless I want to.

Quote by Pastafarian96
Quote by SkepsisMetal at #33507109
My fiancée, on the other hand, blistered up like baked paint for a month or so. It was pretty nasty.

that's awful. Actually the last time I got a sunburn was probably in high school. Some girl and I spontaneously decided to ditch and go to the beach. Stupid teenagers didn't even bother to put on any sunscreen. So by the end of the day I look in the mirror and I'm pretty much burnt to a crisp. I remember having a blister on my ear that kinda popped on its on. Gross stuff.

Quote by Pastafarian96
2nd degree sunburn on my nose.

went to Warped Tour for the first time when i was 13.

idiot who took us there locked all the food, sunblock, water, and keys in the car.

didn't want to wait for his wife to show up so we could get that stuff.

went whole day with no sunscreen at Raceway Park. one of the hottest days of the year. i think it was in the 90's. witnessed several people collapse from heatstroke/sunstroke.

got home and my nose was one giant blister.

took a month to heal. during that time it drained liquid several times, then turned into a nasty, thick, scaly scab.

had a dermatologist finally check it out a year or two ago. supposedly nothing malignant, but my pores have been ****ed up ever since. problems with blackheads and shit.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Went to the beach and fell asleep on my stomach. Still have scars on my back from the burn.
In california on holiday
last day, so we're at the beach for like eight hours
I didn't sunblock
entire body (particularly back) purple sunburns.

and then a 13 hour flight from LAX to Heathrow. 13 hours. Most painful sunburn. ow.
couldn't sit back in the chair cause any friction would hurt like hell, and I couldn't sit leaning forward because doing that for 13 hours makes your back awful and sore and stuff.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
In california on holiday
last day, so we're at the beach for like eight hours
I didn't sunblock
entire body (particularly back) purple sunburns.

and then a 13 hour flight from LAX to Heathrow. 13 hours. Most painful sunburn. ow.
couldn't sit back in the chair cause any friction would hurt like hell, and I couldn't sit leaning forward because doing that for 13 hours makes your back awful and sore and stuff.

I always -.- when people underestimate the amount of sun we get here. It's horrific. Sunshine all year long. I think we get like 2 weeks of winter and 1 week of rain.
Quote by LivinJoke84
I cant be naked. I have a huge fear of leaving a stain wherever i sit. Especially if its really warm
Quote by EpiExplorer
Explains why most of my beard is ginger.

You're doomed to roast !
- - - - - - - - - - -
Well i got sunburned on my nose after going for a run without sunscreen yesterday. I thought having extra melanin was supposed to protect me from the sun?
cat
real talk tho when I was injecting melanotan I never got sunburnt and got super dark
It's winter over here so I'm more pasty than a tub of mayonaise.

Can't wait for summer.

But yeah, best sunburn treatment, aloe vera gel, and put a wet facecloth in the freezer and just run it over your skin after it's frozen. Feels godly, and relieves the burn
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Page 1 of 2