Hi guys,

I've just bought a new distortion pedal, quite an old one. It's a Danelectro Fab Tone. I really love this thing! However, after being put through my pedal board I found that when I went to use my amp overdrive it wasn't working as normal and it is just clean. With this pedal it has dropped the overall volume of my amp massively too. Usually I'd only have to turn it to 1 or 2 for it to be loud enough for me at home and now I'm having to go to like 8-10. I use a Hotrod Deluxe, FYI.

Anyone know if this problem is solvable or is it just what happens.

Thanks a lot.
is it buffered? sounds like the bypass or buffer are banjaxed.

if you can solder yourself i'm guessing it's fixable (no idea how, though, maybe some of the other regulars can help, I'm better at talking a good game than actually doing it ), but if not i'm guessing it's not going to be economical to get someone else to fix it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I just opened the back of it to have a look inside, fiddled with something, gave up, put it back and now it works fine! Ha! I have no idea what I just did, but it worked.. For now!
haha nice

probably just a loose connection with the bypass i guess
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?