Hi,

My son has been given an electric guitar, and I have also been given a Zoom Fire 15 amplifier for him that does not work for me to see if I can fix.

I have found that the problem is the transformer, it has no output voltage at all and needs replacing.

My problem is that there is no identification on it for me to match the output voltage. There is a sticker with "tt2221202300" which is no help at all.

So, I'm hoping that somebody here knows the output voltage, or has one of these and a test meter and feels like being very helpful to a stranger.

Many thanks in advance for any help/replies,

Paul
You'd (he'd) probably be better off with a new amp. The cheap, name brand (Vox, Peavey, Fender) amp modelers all sound great for a starter amp, plus they have a built-in tuner, fx, different amp models. You can find them used all day long on Craigslist.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Hi Lucky,

Thanks very much for replying.

I understand what you're saying, my eldest son (25) said it was a nice little amp and would be good for my youngest (13). Plus, I hate throwing things away, and if I can find the output then I can fix it for <£10

But I think you're right, and I may well end up looking on Gumtree :-)
Quote by MagicFriend
Hi Lucky,

Thanks very much for replying.

I understand what you're saying, my eldest son (25) said it was a nice little amp and would be good for my youngest (13). Plus, I hate throwing things away, and if I can find the output then I can fix it for <£10

But I think you're right, and I may well end up looking on Gumtree :-)

there are definitely times where it isn't worth it to repair. i think by the time you get the transformer and go through the frustration of the install, you would probably be better off buying a used newer amp. it would probably sound better too.

if you do i would look at one of these:

Fender Mustang
Peavey Vypry/VIP
Vox Valvetronix
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/