View poll results: .
who
11 44%
what
9 36%
whoa
15 60%
Voters: 25.
Im sure most are familiar with the adage "Its not what you know, its who you know". Do you agree with this? Disagree? Some other 3rd thing?
To an extent, it is who you know. But you can find yourself in a place thanks to who you know where what little you know will catch up to you.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Dreadnought
Is both

this

'Networking', as much as I hate it, is an important part of most professions.

On top of that being an amicable, confident and competent worker is key to being somewhat succesful.
who you know will get you far, but what you are will keep you there. a good contact with someone doesn't mean anything if they can't use you.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
It's who you know. A great example is the clowns that are in Congress/Senate....and to a lesser extent local politicians. These people are some of the biggest idiots and bafoons on the planet, yet get appointed powerful positions...especially AFTER they're done "serving".

Management is also one of those fields where usually the biggest kiss-asses get the job.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
is both even tho it should just be one

This.

It's funny, because I got both my internships during college* - the latter of which resulted in my now job - at least partly thanks to a professor who was talking about me to a lot of people in the field. The reason she did this was because I was the only person to show up to all her classes (a lot of people just didn't bother coming at all), and because I actually did my work well and was friendly to her (and my other professors for that matter). Now the thing is, I also did my work well (as was clear through my grades and the feedback I got), and am certain that I wouldn't have gotten as much help from my professor had that not been the case.

*We had to do two for college credit - one of 5 months abroad during our third year and then a year later another one of 2 monts.
Unnecessary dichotomy. Wouldn't somebody have to know something for them a person to know in the first place?

It's idiotic.
You can know anyone you want, but if we are thinking in absolutes, if you don't know anything knowing people aren't gonna help.
Who you know is ultimately how you get your foot in the door. And you can either get to know people through your social skills or what you know. You don't need to know anything for people to want to do things for you
cat
who you know. what you know is important, but it doesnt matter if you cant get your foot in the door. nepotism op
It's actually when you know. If you can't tell me the date the Magna Carta was signed, get the **** outta my office.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr at #33507781
It's actually when you know. If you can't tell me the date the Magna Carta was signed, get the **** outta my office.

1215 didnt even have to google it i look forward to working with you
I think it's both what and who, but who is better than what
I have nothing important to say
What if what you know, is that what really matters is who you know
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by laid-to-waste
who you know will get you far, but what you are will keep you there. a good contact with someone doesn't mean anything if they can't use you.

This is 100% accurate.

It's both of them to the extent that you need to have a good rapport with people to move around. You don't need to be best mates with them and play golf with them at the Country Club every saturday.

As a former boss of mine once said to me when I was applying for promotions "Your reputation is everything, do not give people reason to tarnish it".

I've sat numerous interviews where I've known people on the panel who have either worked with me before or are familiar with who I am because of what I know.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
It's both, but in the manner of knowing what to know when who needs to know that you know is around.

In other words, knowing who needs to know what you know.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
So pretty much be psychic
Yes that is the ultimate goal

But for an example, in my workplace, there are certain people you want to impress or show your drive to more than others. Of course if you care about your work/advancement, you'll always invest yourself in it, but it's good to always be on your A-game for the right person.

Naturally that applies mostly to corporate-styled settings, but that's where I'm at right now.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

And that's how you get to the top of the rabbit-killing game.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Rabbit Slayer is the introductory title
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Sounds like a pretty good dating philosophy as well
It's actually who where when what why (w)how you know

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Who you know when you need a foot in the door, what you know once you get there.

If you have a bunch of connections but you're an idiot, you're ****ed. If you know a lotta shit but have zero connections, you're ****ed.