Last edited by adelino316 at Jul 18, 2015,
It's obviously not a satin. Because the finish isn't satin.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
clearlysays studio on truss rod cover so no reason to doubt it. looks ike it may be a special run color though as that finish doesn't seem very common.
The faded has a satin finish, thus that is clearly not the faded model.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by adelino316
Ok and could it be another studio rather than the "standard" Les Paul studio?

pretty sure it's just a "standard" studio. as i mentioned at best it might be a limited color but i'm not an expert on all the colors that studios cam in over the years. why all the doubt?
I just want to be sure because I don't like the 50's rounded neck on the studio satin. the "standard" studio has a 60's slim taper neck
Quote by adelino316
I just want to be sure because I don't like the 50's rounded neck on the studio satin. the "standard" studio has a 60's slim taper neck

think you're pretty safe on this
its a lp for 540 bucks, and the 2007-2008 models are better than about any other guitar ive played. even if you dont like it, you should be able to resell it for more than you paid for it.
The satin finished Fireburst were the LPJ models. That is a regular glossy studio fireburst.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
You sure about that? Quite a few times there've been fireburst Les Paul Studios in recent years. To be fair, though, they've tended to have gold hardware so you may well be right.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
serial number says feb 5th, 2008, production number 263, les paul studio.

unfortunately gibson serial numbers don't spec the finish. what ever it is it sure doesn't look like satin. it's not really hi-gloss nor satin or it's possible somebody polished it out.

then again it's a gibson so who knows?.
Last edited by ad_works at Jul 21, 2015,
Quote by adelino316
I got that...... but is it the LP studio or the LP studio faded?

Not satin. Not faded.

And, as an aside, Gibson's own website can definitely NOT be trusted
Last edited by dspellman at Jul 21, 2015,
But is there a way to be sure?i really wanna know because i dont like the neck on te LP studio satin...
the guitar comes with a "Gibson USA" hard case the studio satin comes with a gig bag...does this mean it's a studio "standard"?
Quote by dazza027
For **** sake I don't understand how much clearer I can be, it IS a STUDIO SATIN FIREBURST. It IS the same as mine, I have the exact same guitar, and my one IS a studio Satin Fireburst which I bought BRAND NEW from an authorised Gibson Dealer where it actually said on the tag that it was indeed a studio satin fireburst.
If you don't like the neck, don't buy the ****ing thing. Get a 60's tribute instead.
If you want to be super super sure send an email to Gibson and ask them, make sure you attach the same pictures you used above. They made the ****ing thing they really should know what the hell it is. I bet I know what they say...

You've angered the locals...
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
So i sent gibson an email and they said its a Les Paul studio... not the studio satin
So are we meant to not believe Gibson now?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I gave them the serial number and they said its a gibson les paul studio from 2008
Quote by K33nbl4d3
So are we meant to not believe Gibson now?

Only when they say their QC processes are second to none.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'