Hey,
I'm not sure this thread is in the right section, but this is the most fitting one IMO.
Anyways, ever since I got my Audio Interface (Line 6 UX1) about a month ago I need to restart my PC everytime for reaper to get any signal. What could be the problem?
Thanks for the help
Quote by jaspervdv
I dont really understand the problem?
So it works, but it does not work always?

did you install all the updated drivers?

All of my drivers are up to date. I reinstalled them 2 times already.
If I were to launch Reaper and connect my guitar to the audio interface now, nothing would happen. I need to restart my PC and launch Reaper again for it to pick up any signal from the audio interface.
If you're using ASIO4All drivers, close all apps that could use default sound driver. You can't use them both at the same time on most sound cards.
Quote by GameSkate
If you're using ASIO4All drivers, close all apps that could use default sound driver. You can't use them both at the same time on most sound cards.

I don't think that's it, because I can get sound from other programs with Reaper+Guitar rig running. Maybe it has to be the first program to use the sound card for some reason?
Quote by jaspervdv
It sounds a bit like you didnt set up the software/interface properly.

Do you have any idea what I can try to fix this issue?
I have a UX1 and sometimes when I run Reaper I need to start up Pod Farm as well for input signal to kick in within Reaper; maybe try that?
Quote by Jackolas
edgespear, driving great ideas again. Sir, you pwn.

Gear:
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul, PRS SE Floyd Custom 24 Floyd Amethyst
Amp: Peavey 6505, Eleven Rack
Quote by edgespear
I have a UX1 and sometimes when I run Reaper I need to start up Pod Farm as well for input signal to kick in within Reaper; maybe try that?

I got my UX1 from a friend, so I don't have it licensed and can't get pod farm
Maybe there is another option?
BTW, Thanks for the help everybody!
Mine does that too when I switch between virtual amps (I prefer Pod Farm for lead recording and Guitar Rig and Amplitube for Rhythm). I just unplug the USB cable from the back of the toneport- wait a few seconds then plug it back in. No need to restart. Make sure to close any virtual amp software running though before you unplug it as it could Blue Screen your PC if you don't.

It seems to only happen if I run Pod Farm first. Switching between Guitar Rig and Amplitube doesn't cause the problem. Maybe unplug it then plug it back in before launching Reaper? It's a pain but it should fix it until you close the program.

Just to be clear- your running Guitar Rig inside Reaper as a VST plugin yes? Not having Guitar Rig open separately and then opening Reaper?
Quote by MrKRB64
Mine does that too when I switch between virtual amps (I prefer Pod Farm for lead recording and Guitar Rig and Amplitube for Rhythm). I just unplug the USB cable from the back of the toneport- wait a few seconds then plug it back in. No need to restart. Make sure to close any virtual amp software running though before you unplug it as it could Blue Screen your PC if you don't.

It seems to only happen if I run Pod Farm first. Switching between Guitar Rig and Amplitube doesn't cause the problem. Maybe unplug it then plug it back in before launching Reaper? It's a pain but it should fix it until you close the program.

Just to be clear- your running Guitar Rig inside Reaper as a VST plugin yes? Not having Guitar Rig open separately and then opening Reaper?

I guess that works!
Thanks!