Hi!

One quickie: I need portable and good sounding multi effects unit. There's no budget limit, but i don't want no rack. It can't be big, and should not take much space of my pedalboard. It should have good drives (fuzzes), reverbs, delays, tremolos, actually sound quality is the most important thing.

I already own a Telecaster, Vox AC30, Vox Satchurator, Boss Blues Driver and custom analog delay. It should work with the Vox and other stomps i own (only effects, obviously i don't need amp sims). I'd only need amps sims for recording on my PC.

I did some research, and my candidates are:
-Vox Tonelab EX
-Digitech RP355
-Digitech RP360
-Boss Me-25
-Boss Me-50
-Zoom G3
-Line6 m9
-Line6 Pod XT
-Pod X3

Stuff like Boss GT Series, or Pod HD500 are too big for my needs. I just need something small, as an extension of my pedalboard.

When it comes to my musical taste, I play mostly things like RHCP, Radiohead, U2, Muse and some jazz.

Thanks for help
most multi-fx units take up more room than a couple of pedals on a board so keep that in mind. imho they also don't really excell at overdrives or fuzz sounds either. you're best bet is to use actual pedals for those and use the mfx for delays and other time based sounds (most are pretty good for that). what exactly are you trying to achieve?
I know that, but still one not-so-big multi fx takes less space thatn 5 stomps What am I trying to achieve? Hmm, I love experiments and meeting new sounds, that's why i thought about multi fx. I don't really want to buy X new stomps and have 3 pedalboards, one is enough. Apart from that, stomps are expensive, and frankly speaking, i don't see a big difference between analog stomps and multi fx's (when it comes to modulations, reverbs, delays and so on). My friend has Line6 DM4, and I'd not say that it sounds obviously digital. Decent sound.

Taking it into consideration...I think that multi fx is a good solution for me.
Quote by Will Lane
Invest in some standalone dirt boxes and use a Zoom G3 in the effects loop for mod effects. That's what I do.

How does it work? I heard, that G3 has 'nasal' sound.
Quote by mutatedblueberr

pretty sure that's a reference to the distortion tones. you would put the mfx in the fx loop of your amp (which you haven't said what it is yet) and use the time based fx. pedals aas usual.
Quote by mutatedblueberr
The amp sims and dirt boxes could be considered that, especially if you're using an amp and not DI. But I think the delays, verbs, etc. sound great.
TC electronics Nova system in the loop of your amp, great effects, can run an expression pedal into it and add one or two favorite dirt boxes to the front end.
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
go with a boss. theyre reliable, sturdy and sound pretty good. line 6 is also supposed to make good electronics, but don't take my word for it. also, check out tone city pedals. they make mini stomp boxes that are true by-pass, all metal and sound amazing. they go at about 70$ each.
Last edited by DeadHeart7 at Jul 18, 2015,
strymon timeline and strymon mobius. you are covered, and have OD's out front.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have a Digitech RP360XP. If you want to experiment with sounds, it'll do the trick. It has everything and you can customize sounds to death. I highly recommend it.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
strymon timeline and strymon mobius. you are covered, and have OD's out front.

I don't really want two separate devices. I want to save room in my pedalboard.

I'll check rp360 and Nova System - the 2nd one may be a good solution.
Line 6 M9 doesn't have a huge footprint and I like the modulation, delays and reverbs. Plus you get a (somewhat finicky) looper.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by mutatedblueberr

have you looked at them? they aren't very big. they are 6.75" wide, 5.1" deep quite compact IMO.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by mutatedblueberr

if you're running those you don't really need a pedal board past maybe a wha and overdrive.