I would like some opinions/thoughts from those who are familiar with this amp.

As it is, I'm looking into getting a "new to me" amp, and I've decided that a Vox needs to be put in the stable. I'm familiar with the AC30, it's a fine machine. I am not familiar with the little sibling. I would prefer to go with 2x12, so the AC15c2 is popping up on my radar. I could also just go for a used AC30 and call it a day. But, I'm not terribly concerned about clean headroom - I play dirty. However, the other guitarist in the equation is running a Hot Rod Deville 4x10. And it is ear shattering loud. I realize that the AC15c2 should be just as loud to the ear as the AC30 - at least in theory, but I have to ask: how well will an AC15c2 keep up with a HR Deville? On paper things should be a certain way, but things don't always work out that way. I would hate to invest in an amp that just doesn't have the testicular fortitude to keep up with the other guitarist, or get lost in the mix. Any other users of said amp have any difficulty keeping up in the mix with higher wattage amps?
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
He's only gonna be running the HRD to keep up with the drummer, surely? If so, the AC15 will keep up just fine. They're pretty damn loud, man.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
AC15 and AC30's are just damn loud. i don't know why, but they are.

i haven't ever owned either one, but i played on one regularly a while ago.

i got spoiled playing a matchless lately (not mine ) and am not sure how i will take going to a AC again. i do need to buy one though. . matchless if in budget.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
AC15 and AC30's are just damn loud. i don't know why, but they are.

i haven't ever owned either one, but i played on one regularly a while ago.

i got spoiled playing a matchless lately (not mine ) and am not sure how i will take going to a AC again. i do need to buy one though. . matchless if in budget.
You mean the (x)C-30s? They are a lot more expensive then new AC30C2s... Or did you mean matchless if no budget? XD
Last edited by Will Lane at Jul 19, 2015,
Quote by Will Lane
You mean the (x)C-30s? They are a lot more expensive then new AC30C2s... Or did you mean matchless if no budget? XD

matchless if no budget. i should have been more clear. i played a DC30 and loved it. they certainly stupid expensive though.

valvetech has a model called a Hayseed. i guy i know has had one for a while and loves it. i haven't been able to get my hands on it yet though. he has good ears, so i would tend to believe him. i don't want to say much more having not playing one.

http://www.valvetechamps.com/ the hayseed heads are $1300 (15 watt) and $1500 (30 watt), those are the new prices. i am sure you could find one a little cheaper used. i haven't found much on them though, but they are pretty reasonable.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I've got an AC30CCH and run it through a 2x12 (Celestiions: Alnico Gold and G12K-85).
I used to jam regularly with a friend that had a Hod Rod Deville 4x10 (60 watts).
My AC30 blew his HRD away volume-wise and could still remain cleaner with no problem.

I paid $900 for the head new.
The cab I built myself, but it probably cost me around $500 - $600 in parts alone.
I have seen used AC30 Combos as low as $700 though.
A used AC15 combo can be had for even less.
You can probably find them all day long for around $500, depending on you location.

The AC15 should have no problem keeping up with the HRD.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jul 19, 2015,
Thanks for the replies folks. Now, I just have to finish scratching up some cash - see what I have available on the market, and go from there.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Just a follow up to the thread.

1. I ended up (as you would notice in my HNAD thread) going for an AC30CCH.

2. I like it quite a bit and am glad I opted for this instead.

3. I should have phrased my question a bit better regarding the AC15c2.

4. Obviously 15w is very very loud and can keep up with a 60w amp and drummer. The concern on my end was whether or not the AC15 would cut through well enough even when being driven so hard. I had noticed in some video's that the saturation of the gain on the AC15 really hit harder earlier on (which is to be expected). And the risk is that you lose clarity and cut when you get too saturated, and thus get buried under the mix. Didn't want to sound like a fuzz buzz machine in the background.

5. My gut was that an AC30 in this circumstance would provide a bit more clarity at volume to sit well in the mix without getting too over-the-top too quick. I could be wrong on that.

Again, thanks for the replies and guidance!