Hi!

I've heard that you have to mess with the fine tuners, and spring tuners if you want to tune your guitar from E standard to Drop D.

For me personally it worked just fine by tuning the E string to D tuning, and fine tune the guitar afterwards.

When switching between E standard and Drop D will it damage the guitar by just tuning i like you would to a normal guitar, or do you just do it the other way to spare yourself from a lot of time trying to get it in turne?
I'm not an expert with FRs, but as far as I knew, you couldn't properly drop d without blocking the trem and using a d-tuna. Otherwise you would have to adjust the sprig tension and whatnot.
Tuning your Floyd Rose from E standard to drop D will make your guitar explode in a horrendous fireball. Don't do it.

The idea that your guitar will get damaged by tuning one string a whole step down is silly. All you have to do is adjust the spring tension in the back, tune the guitar to drop D, re-adjust the spring tension, then re-tune back to drop D, Re-adjust the springs, wash, rinse, repeat etc. until every string is perfectly in tune and the bridge is perfectly level with the plane of the body of the guitar.

You need to adjust the spring tension whenever the string tension changes, because any change in one affects the other. Lowering string tension (which happens when you tune a guitar down) will cause the bridge to fall backwards into the cavity of the guitar, which throws off the guitar's action and intonation. So unless you don't mind owning a guitar that plays like shit, then you need to adjust the springs.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 19, 2015,
And, of course, I downtune to pretty much anything, and instantly, while using a Floyd by using a Variax guitar (specifically, a JTV-89F).

No retuning required, and I can go back and forth in the middle of a song.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Tuning your Floyd Rose from E standard to drop D will make your guitar explode in a horrendous fireball. Don't do it.

I hate when that happens.

I installed a tremol no in my floyd rose.Works wonders can drop tune now fine obviously the only way to use the fully floating mode is in e standard which the guitar is set up to but you can dive in any tuning.
Floating trems sure do have a bad rep, I love mine. I do all kinds of tuning and it doesn't take long. You'll become an expert and should know the ins / outs of your instrument. I love to tinker so I'm not afraid.

I can go from Standard tuning and drop to D in a few minutes. I should do a YT video and see how quickly I can do it.
Quote by jpjr50

I can go from Standard tuning and drop to D in a few minutes. I should do a YT video and see how quickly I can do it.

Yes please.
Charvel DX-1 FR / DS-1 ST / DC-1 FR / Custom Strat / La Patrie Hybrid CW / Vypyr 30 / VK100 / 1960A
Quote by jpjr50

I can go from Standard tuning and drop to D in a few minutes.

[Big Important Gig]

"Thank you! Thank you very much! This next song....uh...oh, right. This next song will take just a few minutes for us to get ready. Our guitar player needs to retune his guitar to Drop D."

<Whispers, covering the mike>

"What? Are you kidding me?"

<Over the mike>

"Would anyone happen to have a set of allen wrenches?"
Last edited by dspellman at Jul 21, 2015,
Quote by dspellman
[Big Important Gig]

"Thank you! Thank you very much! This next song....uh...oh, right. This next song will take just a few minutes for us to get ready. Our guitar player needs to retune his guitar to Drop D."

<Whispers, covering the mike>

"What? Are you kidding me?"

<Over the mike>

"Would anyone happen to have a set of allen wrenches?"

Who's Mike?

This is the great excuse to feed the GAS!