13 awesome ways to use high strings.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by sovaso
Not helpful.

What exactly makes it not helpful?

1. Title says it's for beginners.
2. Title says ONE WEEK. I think it's like one day passed since i posted it. It's 7 days passed in place, where you live in? Wow, i am impressed. And at the same time i am not surprised it's not helpful for you. Keep playing stuff that you're happy with.

If you learned to sweep faster than in one week - good for you, share it with us. If not - at least tell me where i am wrong. Or here is better idea: for first try it and then tell me how not useful is that.

No need for agression. I just shared MY system, how i learned to sweep back in 2010. Here are some examples of me sweeping:

more links removed

And yes, i am butthurting.
Last edited by Rockul at Jul 20, 2015,
Quote by Rockul

1. Title says it's for beginners.

Doesn't matter if it is for beginners or not, this is the Guitar Techniques forum. The place were people ask for advice in regards to topics related to guitar techniques. If you want to share a lesson, post it in the "lessons" tab at the top of the page. This is also not the right forum for you to advertise your instructional material, as i mentioned this forum is designed with a question and answer format, if someone had asked for help in regards to sweep picking then you might have had some merit to post this but as it stands you do not.

2. Title says ONE WEEK.

A beginner will not be able to sweep pick in one week, even if you say so in your video. Sure, they might understand the basics behind it, but that won't take more than 10 minutes for someone to explain to them. All techniques takes time to get a grip of, sweep picking included. As advice to you in the future, posting "x in one week" is not the best way to market yourself, it is just like all of those bad fitness ads you can see online. If you had made a lesson just titled "Sweep picking exercises for beginners" that would have been more acceptable.

I just shared MY system

Share it in the lessons column next time, where it belongs.

There you have it, a response with valid criticism in a non-hostile manner.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
I got your point about how this video is related to forum topic.

But still.. I learned to sweep in one week, back in days when i was only playing metallica riffs (which i consider beginner level), so why can't another people? I had few students, whom i taught guitar, they're was able to sweep after 2-3 lessons with me.
Quote by Rockul
I got your point about how this video is related to forum topic.

But still.. I learned to sweep in one week, back in days when i was only playing metallica riffs (which i consider beginner level), so why can't another people? I had few students, whom i taught guitar, they're was able to sweep after 2-3 lessons with me.

I believe you misunderstood me. I'll make another example. Everyone can learn to alternate pick, it is just a downstroke followed by an upstroke, but that doesn't mean they can play Technical Difficulties or Scarified by Paul Gilbert.

Same goes for sweeping. As i mentioned in my previous post the basics of sweeping can be understood in less than 10 minutes, but becoming proficient with it will take a lot of time. You are not going to tackle Of Smokes And Mirrors by Symphony X if you are just starting out sweeping. There is a difference between knowing the basics and knowing how to sweep pick.

That wasn't my main point though. Make sure you submit these styles of posts to the lessons tab next time. This is the second thread you've made in the wrong place, and people told you last time that it didn't belong here.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Quote by Rockul
But still.. I learned to sweep in one week

No you didn't. You may have learned how to play a few sweep shapes slowly with moderate accuracy, but there is no way that you were able to effectively use the technique with any real and applicable level of proficiency after just a week.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
For a player as accomplished as yourself I'm surprised you're so ignorant. Maybe it's just a cultural thing
In other words "how to learn to sweep a minor shape slowly in one week". Learning how to play a single shape is doing nothing to help you improvise or even write cool parts with sweeping.

It was an entertaining video though. For the record, I learned everything you portrayed in the video in like a day. But I still can't sweep with any speed. So I can guarantee that this video will not teach you how to sweep effectively.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
In other words "how to learn to sweep a minor shape slowly in one week". Learning how to play a single shape is doing nothing to help you improvise or even write cool parts with sweeping.

It was an entertaining video though. For the record, I learned everything you portrayed in the video in like a day. But I still can't sweep with any speed. So I can guarantee that this video will not teach you how to sweep effectively.

And it's not like he could do the sweeps in his videos after a week either.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in that something may have been lost in translation, but the end result is a very clickbaity title. Clearly nobody can "learn to sweep pick in one week", regardless of your intentions.

Please submit lessons to the lessons section in future.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/submit/articles.php
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com