Hello, I've got a Korean BC Rich Mockingbird ST and the wiring is ruined by the previous owner. Does anyone happen have or can share a wiring diagram for that guitar with the 5way tone knob?

Thnx for help.
take what you can from this, this is a mockingbird / bich perfect 10 wiring I came up with, it's not the factory one, but all in all the idea was versatility and getting tones of different sounds.

the big change is mine doesn't do that buzzing coil split , it does 3 sounds per pickup. full power, coil split and a hum cancelling variant called parallel.

the middle switch has the phase reversal

the varitone as we know is a fixed treble cut so you can go 5-11 capacitor values

the fender greasebucket if you've got really hot pickups , it's a bass cut that provides extra clarity

the mid scoop / boost is something new, putting it to 10 or 0 it's like a killswitch , but it makes the guitar breathe or chokes the signal to give you some different sounds you'd never get without it. Like the fender mod it's all passive. All the components except for the audio transformer (1.5h inductor) can be bought from thailand off an ebay seller tayada2009 for under 6-8$

so in the end , vartitone , bass cut and mid scoop/boost turns the tone controls and varitone into a passive 3 band EQ . The varitone was pretty basic, some guys add resistors but i left them out as all the resistors do is prevent popping when switching values. There is up to a 12 position kind where you can pick 11 capacitor values as well.

but anyways here's the diagram, it's kind of a mess but focus one wire at a time. Just going coilsplits this diagrams a breeze. The two special tone knobs can be turned back into whatever the factory settings are. A seymour duncan diagram can really help for the most part without the varitone so what I did was add a culmination of mods and all instead.

but anyways give this a shot. Use lots of heat shrink tubing if you can it'll make this 10x easie to just keep extending wires.
Quote by Tallwood13
take what you can from this, this is a mockingbird / bich perfect 10 wiring I came up with, it's not the factory one, but all in all the idea was versatility and getting tones of different sounds.

the big change is mine doesn't do that buzzing coil split , it does 3 sounds per pickup. full power, coil split and a hum cancelling variant called parallel.

the middle switch has the phase reversal

the varitone as we know is a fixed treble cut so you can go 5-11 capacitor values

the fender greasebucket if you've got really hot pickups , it's a bass cut that provides extra clarity

the mid scoop / boost is something new, putting it to 10 or 0 it's like a killswitch , but it makes the guitar breathe or chokes the signal to give you some different sounds you'd never get without it. Like the fender mod it's all passive. All the components except for the audio transformer (1.5h inductor) can be bought from thailand off an ebay seller tayada2009 for under 6-8$

so in the end , vartitone , bass cut and mid scoop/boost turns the tone controls and varitone into a passive 3 band EQ . The varitone was pretty basic, some guys add resistors but i left them out as all the resistors do is prevent popping when switching values. There is up to a 12 position kind where you can pick 11 capacitor values as well.

but anyways here's the diagram, it's kind of a mess but focus one wire at a time. Just going coilsplits this diagrams a breeze. The two special tone knobs can be turned back into whatever the factory settings are. A seymour duncan diagram can really help for the most part without the varitone so what I did was add a culmination of mods and all instead.

but anyways give this a shot. Use lots of heat shrink tubing if you can it'll make this 10x easie to just keep extending wires.

Thank you, but unfortunately I have a complete different configuration. There should be 1 tone knob(cutting highs), 2 volumes and a varitone looks completely different(cuts the bass).
yeah that's why I said take from my modernized diagram whatever you want. It would take ages to re-do the diagram so at times like this I just get a culmination of diagrams going as it's all pretty much the same thing. I've attached a good start to the diagram though near the bottom to point you in more of the right direction.

Honestly though I wouldn't bother with the varitone and a separate tone knob , like say a 0.047uf capacitor cutting treble and a separate knob wired up and all for the varitone. as they would both do the same thing unless you grounded all the capacitors and all to the varitone making them all adjustable. Because if you had say a 0.1uf capacitor selected on the varitone and the tone all the way down (say a 0.047uf capacitor) it's going to sound like the guitars under water for sure

there is two kinds of vairtone one cuts mids and one cuts highs , so if you want to take a photo of it for reassurance go for it.

anyways... mini toggles aside start with this and the varitone remember as long as you've got signal in (hot lead) and signal out (ground) you're fine.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Jul 20, 2015,
you got it , any questions send me a private message I do custom guitar wirings so phase reversal to a 7 way mod on a strat I can help whoever reads this out.
Quote by Tallwood13
you got it , any questions send me a private message I do custom guitar wirings so phase reversal to a 7 way mod on a strat I can help whoever reads this out.

I've actually contacted BC Rich and they have provided me with the diagram
Attachments:
MGSTTR Wiring Diagram.pdf