Quote by Todd Hart
So 'crunk and 'gandhi are already pussy-whipped, impressive.

Quote by Burgery
you just think they're being mean to you because you have fragile girl feelings
Last edited by kimberlydawn at Jul 20, 2015,
I haven't personally done it but I'm pretty sure it fits

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
It should drop right in, I plan to do the same for my Blacktop Jazzmaster.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Not entirely sure. I can't remember exactly what it looked like when I took it off to flip the string-breaker screws, but I think the rout might just've been rectangular, i.e. there wasn't space for the lock slider.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by kimberlydawn

Why?

The reason for the question...
Is this purely for cosmetics or is this a function issue?

If the latter, there are options.

1. Components can be replaced on the squier. You'll have to check with other forums for this, but this is a relatively simple trem design, and modifying it/replacing a few parts can make a big difference.

2. The Fender piece can be dropped in (but it seems like a major expenditure for a minimal gain.

3. Replace the trem with a Mastery version. And while you're at it, replace the bridge with a Mastery bridge. The pair will produce a noticeable functional difference and probably a bit of sonic difference as well. http://www.masterybridge.com/offset-bridge/
Last edited by dspellman at Jul 21, 2015,
Quote by dspellman
Why?

Most obviously, the Fender one has the lock, which (if set up right) is a really useful feature, and I believe the plunger is better shaped so as to avoid the "clunk" the Squier models do if depressed at all beyond the range of subtle vibrato (though, to be fair, the shape can be fixed with a power drill and a rasp. Can't vouch for how good/bad an idea that is, though).

Fender one might have less play on the arm, but I don't know if that's actually the case - this can be fixed with a Staytrem upgrade for about £30; I don't know how accessible that is outside the UK though.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Most obviously, the Fender one has the lock, which (if set up right) is a really useful feature, and I believe the plunger is better shaped so as to avoid the "clunk" the Squier models do if depressed at all beyond the range of subtle vibrato (though, to be fair, the shape can be fixed with a power drill and a rasp. Can't vouch for how good/bad an idea that is, though).

Fender one might have less play on the arm, but I don't know if that's actually the case - this can be fixed with a Staytrem upgrade for about £30; I don't know how accessible that is outside the UK though.

Bingo Thanks Keen.

Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by Burgery
Quote by dspellman

3. Replace the trem with a Mastery version. And while you're at it, replace the bridge with a Mastery bridge. The pair will produce a noticeable functional difference and probably a bit of sonic difference as well. http://www.masterybridge.com/offset-bridge/

I looked into to the Mastery products, I was scared off by the price, they are definitely worth it and I could afford it but my guitar is a $500 MIM Blacktop Jazzmaster, if I had a higher end model I'd pull the trigger on them for sure, this is probably the same issue with the Squier it's just not worth that kind of money for upgrades.

Just my two cents.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

For some reason I get the feeling that the VM squier tremolo cavity routing won't accommodate the lock button, so you may need to extend the cavity a little in order for a Fender tremolo tailpiece to fit.

This is just a suspicion though - I could be wrong.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Evilnine
if I had a higher end model I'd pull the trigger on them for sure, this is probably the same issue with the Squier it's just not worth that kind of money for upgrades.

My thoughts are exactly the same.
I tried the Mastery bridge on my VM. It was an improvement, but suffice it to say I returned the bridge the next day.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by Evilnine
I looked into to the Mastery products, I was scared off by the price, they are definitely worth it and I could afford it but my guitar is a $500 MIM Blacktop Jazzmaster, if I had a higher end model I'd pull the trigger on them for sure, this is probably the same issue with the Squier it's just not worth that kind of money for upgrades.

Just my two cents.

What would it cost to replace the Squier trem with the Fender Trem?
Any installation (routing) issues aside, that is...

Friend of mine replaced the trem and bridge on a $139 Rondo Music "Liquid" with the Mastery parts and is all giddy about them. I gather he's made plans to be buried with them when the time comes. Just in case he has an offset in his next life.
I have done this exact mod, but with a Jazzmaster. The locking mechanism did not fit correctly when I was trying to place a Fender trempiece onto a VM Squire body. It required extra routing that extended beyond the cover of the tailpiece.

Not a worth-it mod, my friend. Nothing wrong with playing a Squier. The headstock logo is only as important as you make it. It's easy to get over the Squier blues by being better at guitar than all your friends.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Are the screw placements the same? It might be too much body alteration for it to be worth it if there's routing and you have to drill new holes, i could see it ending up as a hack job unless done professionally
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by JustRooster
I have done this exact mod, but with a Jazzmaster. The locking mechanism did not fit correctly when I was trying to place a Fender trempiece onto a VM Squire body. It required extra routing that extended beyond the cover of the tailpiece.

Not a worth-it mod, my friend. Nothing wrong with playing a Squier. The headstock logo is only as important as you make it. It's easy to get over the Squier blues by being better at guitar than all your friends.

I was hoping I wouldn't hear this was it too small or just not enough screw placements?

Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by Burgery
Quote by dspellman
What would it cost to replace the Squier trem with the Fender Trem?
Any installation (routing) issues aside, that is...

I'm all for buying affordable guitars and upgrading them, I typically $1000-$1200 guitars used for $500 or less and put better pups on them maybe put a brass big block or swap the licensed for a real Floyd, I can invest in a used guitar with upgrades and have spent less than new price and have a better guitar. But for me its not worth throwing a bunch of expensive upgrades on a guitar that that is entry level.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge