Cover 5
2 17%
Cover 6
4 33%
Voters: 12.
Page 1 of 2
Wassup

00s.

This decade reminds me of shit. Namely: sunsets on CSI, airplanes, and that kind of plastic that turns yellow after a few years (I don't know why).

---------------------------
Also, next week it's "Free Week". You can submit any song you've been working on without the usual one week time constraint. Think of it as an incentive to finish a song!

The objective of this thread is to vote on the cover you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "Man Of A Thousand Faces (Regina Spektor cover)" (whywefight)

2 - "Inside My Head (Di - Rect cover)" (BjarnedeGraaf)

3 - "You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar But I Feel Like a Millionaire (Queens of the Stone Age cover)" (Skinny91)

4 - "Carvel (John Frusciante cover)" (mind_meld)

5 - "My Twin (Katatonia cover)" (ultimate-slash)

6 - "The Kill (30 Seconds To Mars Acoustic cover)" (chev311e)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's last time's most voted COVER, from whywefight, it's "Aimless Arrow (Converge cover)"!

AND

Here are last week's most voted ORIGINAL songs,
from FoOltz, the song "Citalopram",
and from chev311e, the song "Good Night"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Friday (post your song for next week meanwhile). The winner of this week's voting will be a mod in our group.

------------------
That beautiful Jamaican word, BALEGDAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxjpDB2oH4Q

Check out last week's (CONCEPT WEEK) thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1681675
OR
Check out the previous COVERS thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1677593
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Jul 22, 2015,
Yeah, what he^ said. Not sure yet who I'm going to vote for, but I've narrowed it down to five songs atm.

Ok, went for wwf
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Jul 21, 2015,
The clean guitar you mean? The trick is using a cheap behringer amp, hooked up to a self-made cabinet with tiny speakers, putting a little of the amp's rotary effect and reverb on it, record through a shure sm57, and then mess around with effects/EQ in cubase until you have no idea what you've done and have no way of recreating what you did

I also recorded both the bass and and distorted through this amp btw, and strangely enough the bass comes out sounding better than the distorted guitar, even thought the speakers are like 3 inches wide.

Oh, and don't forget using a second-hand epiphone guitar, using the stock neck pick-up, rather than the EMG bridge pick-up the previous owner had put in.
^Great singing btw!
Quote by sickman411
Alright guys, who's up for some samples?

I'll do some tomorrow evening. Just send me four to start with this time. I'm feeling ambitious
Yall listen to some good music

Skinnys was awesome
Last edited by chev311e at Jul 21, 2015,
Quote by ultimate-slash
The clean guitar you mean? The trick is using a cheap behringer amp, hooked up to a self-made cabinet with tiny speakers, putting a little of the amp's rotary effect and reverb on it, record through a shure sm57, and then mess around with effects/EQ in cubase until you have no idea what you've done and have no way of recreating what you did
Take photos of your set up if you find something you like, then record it, I've got about three pages of EQ settings alone for settings that sound cool.
Quote by ultimate-slash
I also recorded both the bass and distorted through this amp btw, and strangely enough the bass comes out sounding better than the distorted guitar, even thought the speakers are like 3 inches wide.

Small bass speakers have that effect, which is why many prefer a bunch of little speakers to one big speaker (I know I do).
Quote by ultimate-slash
Oh, and don't forget using a second-hand epiphone guitar, using the stock neck pick-up, rather than the EMG bridge pick-up the previous owner had put in.

that's just silly.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Regarding the speakers, I find that I actually prefer really big speakers for my guitar as well. Have a 15 inch PA-speaker I use for an amp I keep at my friend's house (for band practice I now only go to like once a month, due to living 200 km away and everything).
Sooooo much clearer/more dynamic than the 12 inch speakers a lot of people use.

As for using the stock pick-up, I genuinely thought I was using the bridge pick-up, didn't realise until I was done recording and the volume knob for the pick-up wasn't working that I wasn't
Thought the sound was bit different than usual, but then I was using a cheap Behringer amp, so I couldn't be too picky.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Jul 22, 2015,
Quote by nico_9550
idk who to vote for, I'm gonna listen again to ulti's song and then vote for ulti

Awesome, thanks
Just realized mini labeled the song I covered as the wrong song in the op for my cover haha. It's a Regina Spektor song, not a Pretty Reckless song. But that's something we probably should each specify haha.

edit: just realized this is a terrible terribleeeee paragraph

edit2: also this thread looks fantastic with behind-you's extension
Last edited by whywefight at Jul 22, 2015,
Quote by whywefight at #33512907

yeah it does look great

Quote by chev311e at #33513074
are adbots voting for me now?

I'm gonna create some adbots to vote for me. I thinking of calling them advotes
Quote by whywefight
Just realized mini labeled the song I covered as the wrong song in the op for my cover haha. It's a Regina Spektor song, not a Pretty Reckless song. But that's something we probably should each specify haha.

I think he just copied the previous thread and forgot to change the bit from Bjarne's cover. Also I really ought to update my extension. Hearing the originals now.
Just some short crit's I'm afraid because its real late.

Man of a Thousand Faces

Great production. Builds really nicely in the middle, the distorted guitar and synth melodies blend really nicely.

Inside My Head

Nice voice, really suited the track. Great chorus as well, very catchy.

Carvel

I forgot this song existed and its awesome. Really nice version, very dynamic for just using an acoustic.

My Twin

Nice production again. Not much to say about this one, wish the vocals were a higher in the mix because your vocals suit it really nicely so would like to hear more of them.

The Kill

Really nice version, I wasn't sure how this would work as an acoustic track but its really nice. Could have been a little more dynamic with it overall but really cool.

Voted for Carvel in the end, good stuff.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Quote by whywefight

Fixed

And what is this... "extension" thou speaketh of?
I'm sad that Bjarne doesn't have any votes
Bloody song's been stuck in(side) my head for a few days now tho...
Quote by SirZep

Such blasphemy

I have brought shame all my houses
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Quote by ultimate-slash
I'm sad that Bjarne doesn't have any votes
Bloody song's been stuck in(side) my head for a few days now tho...

well then you should've voted for me
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Page 1 of 2